Re: Sanity check on the SSN Ontology

> that's also a good way to outreach the ontology to the LOD community.

I agree; in fact the stimulus-sensor-observation ontology design pattern
is intended to serve as a minimal vocabulary for the LOD community.

best,
Krzysztof

On 11/07/2010 07:34 PM, Alexandre Passant wrote:
> On 8 Nov 2010, at 07:43, Michael Compton wrote:
>
>> Nice work.  Good to see that we can (almost) pass these various validation tools.
>>
>> I think we should we add links in the report (say in the intro or conclusion of either the whole report or the ontology section) for these
> Good idea. And since the first one is Linked-Data oriented, that's also a good way to outreach the ontology to the LOD community.
>
>> and indicate how the ontology passes through pellet lint.
> As a matter of interest, what's its OWL sub-language / dialect ?
>
> Alex.
>
>> Michael
>>

>> On 08/11/2010, at 9:11 , Alexandre Passant wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've made a few sanity tests to check the current SSN ontology
>>>
>>> * Compliance with the LOD principles, using Vapour [1]
>>>
>>> Some tests fail here.
>>>
>>> http://validator.linkeddata.org/vapour?vocabUri=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.oclc.org%2FNET%2Fssnx%2Fssn&classUri=http%3A%2F%2F&propertyUri=http%3A%2F%2F&instanceUri=http%3A%2F%2F&defaultResponse=dontmind&userAgent=vapour.sourceforge.net
>>>
>>> - 1st request while dereferencing resource URI without specifying the desired content type (HTTP response code should be 303 (redirect)):Failed
>>> =>  AFAIK, purl allows to specify a 303 rather than a 302 when redirecting, so that should be easy to fix
>>>
>>> - 2nd request while dereferencing resource URI without specifying the desired content type (Content type should be 'application/rdf+xml'):Failed
>>> =>  That can be fixed on the /2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/images/3/36/ folder with a .htaccess file, containing
>>>
>>> AddType application/rdf+xml .xml
>>>
>>> * Semantic / syntactic validation, using Sindice inspector [2]
>>>
>>> 100% OK
>>>
>>> http://inspector.sindice.com/inspect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.oclc.org%2FNET%2Fssnx%2Fssn&content=&doTriplesValidation=1&doSyntaxValidation=1
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>>
>>> Alex.
>>>
>>> [1] http://validator.linkeddata.org/
>>> [2] http://inspector.sindice.com/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dr. Alexandre Passant
>>> Digital Enterprise Research Institute
>>> National University of Ireland, Galway
>>> :me owl:sameAs<http://apassant.net/alex>  .
>>>

> --
> Dr. Alexandre Passant
> Digital Enterprise Research Institute
> National University of Ireland, Galway
> :me owl:sameAs<http://apassant.net/alex>  .

--
Krzysztof Janowicz

GeoVISTA Center, Department of Geography, 302 Walker Building
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA

Email: jano@psu.edu
Webpage: http://www.personal.psu.edu/kuj13/