Re: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 15-July-2009

On 17/7/09 Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Great discussion! It's almost weekend, so just a few remarks  ;-)
>
> I think that we can start off with using sourceforge or similar as
> repository for our files that everyone has access to (as a "quick"
> solution, considering the time we have left). However, to some extend
> I do share Kerry's concern here... Maybe (until we have that license
> issue figured out) we should even consider a non-public space
> (probably close enough to have it at SF and not distribute the link
> ;-) ?

But, then, maybe we don't even need sorceforge right now and we can
manage putting the files in the wiki.
We can worry about sourceforge when we plan to release a first version
of the ontology.

> In the meantime, we can look for a repository-based solution.
>
> I very much prefer the URL 'http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/'
> for the ontology; I have CVS access to that space (that's how W3C
> handles it; this way, we get at least that ascii-type of versioning
> for the 'releases'), so that I'd be happy to do the whole release
> management-stuff Krzysztof was talking about.

I totally agree in having that URL for the ontology.

it is the approach followed for other ontologies developed in the W3C,
such as the Delivery Context ontology:
http://www.w3.org/TR/dcontology/deliveryContextAll.owl
or the same RDF(S) and OWL specifications:
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema
http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group (http://www.oeg-upm.net/)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19