De: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org] En
nombre de Krzysztof Janowicz
Enviado el: jueves, 16 de julio de 2009 11:57
Para: Laurent.Lefort@csiro.au
CC: ocorcho@fi.upm.es; public-xg-ssn@w3.org; rgarcia@fi.upm.es
Asunto: Re: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 15-July-2009

Hi,

> we need a new type of license and we're working on it: the Open Data
Commons license or CC-0
> (see http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/ and
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC0)

yes, but maybe we need a pragmatic solution for the moment, the
share-alike CC-licenses, the BSD documentation license, or the GNU free
documentation license may be good starting points.

> so we better get started.

Yes.

regards,
Krzysztof

Laurent.Lefort@csiro.au schrieb:
> Hi Oscar,
>
> On ontology versioning, I have not found yet a silver bullet.
> Has anyone tried OWLDiff http://semanticweb.org/wiki/OWLDiff ?
>

> Also, the licensing issues may be more tricky than some of you may you
think, especially if you "reuse"  some material from other parties. This is
a topic where the learning curve is steep, so we better get started.

> I've put some information on this topic from the Linking Open Data
community on the SSN-XG wiki, here:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Define_a_license_for_an_Ontology

> (the page is also accessible from the bottom of the main page)
>
> Their discussion is primarily focused on Linking Open Data content (a.k.a
A-Box ontologies or vocabularies with associated data). This corresponds to
what we call "vocabularies" (e.g. the units vocabularies) which may come in
complement of our ontology.

the Brow" doctrine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_of_the_brow )
> - with the intended use of the ontology, even adding an "attribution"
clause may create difficulties for people using it (especially if it is
successful)

> Laurent

On Behalf Of Oscar Corcho
> Sent: Thursday, 16 July 2009 5:33 PM
> To: 'Krzysztof Janowicz'; public-xg-ssn@w3.org
> Cc: 'Raúl García Castro'
> Subject: RE: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 15-July-2009
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to jump in in this conversation without having attended the last two
conference calls, due to travelling. While I agree with all the statements
about community based development with Sourceforge, I must say that this
approach has been tried unsuccessfully in different sets of activities that
I have been participating in the past. The main problem with this is the
following: source versioning systems are focused on detecting changes/deltas
in source code, but not in ontology code. When a person makes a change in an
ontology with an ontology editor, the most important fact is that the
serialization of the ontology may be **completely different** to the
previous one, in terms of the ordering of the RDF triples that appear in the
file, what makes tracking of changes almost impossible for humans.

> I think that Raúl was commenting the possibility of using WebProtégé,
which allows discussions over ontology terms, and probably we could go for a
mixture of technologies/approaches: WebProtégé for the collaboration part on
pure ontology development, and sourceforge for the bug tracking, the
community involvement, and the releases of specific versions of the
ontologies.

--
Krzysztof Janowicz
Institut für Geoinformatik

'Die Wahrheit ist das Kind der Zeit, nicht der Autorität'
(Bertolt Brecht)

Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
Versión: 8.5.375 / Base de datos de virus: 270.13.15/2239 - Fecha de la
versión: 07/15/09 17:58:00