W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-ssn@w3.org > July 2009

RE: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 15-July-2009

From: <Kerry.Taylor@csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:57:58 +1000
To: <william.d.kelsey@boeing.com>, <public-xg-ssn@w3.org>
Message-ID: <B484B32EAEABE14AA5409575229CECF3A6625AB1E4@EXNSW-MBX05.nexus.csiro.au>

There is a "baseline"  - see

 For an extensive review of alternatives see http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/SSN_Key_Ontologies_Reference_List

The open licence is a good idea (actually, I'm not sure we have any choice given the W3C relationship -- but someone might correct me). Personally, I'd rather see the sourceforge or similar distribution later  on -- around the time of the end of the incubator group -- we have a good, diverse, and active
team already within this group for development.


From: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Kelsey, William D
Sent: Thursday, 16 July 2009 8:01 AM
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
Subject: RE: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 15-July-2009

Hi All,

I'm new to the group (today was my second meeting).  I would be interested to learn if anyone has draft use cases that are driving the Sensor/Observation ontology/ontologies.  If so, can they be shared?

Also, I like the idea presented in today's meeting regarding posting the ontology to a popular forum such as sourceforge.net using an open license (e.g. Apache/BSD variant) once a suitable baseline is available.  Hopefully this approach would promote increased exposure for both adoption and refinement.

Best Regards,
W. David Kelsey
Boeing Research & Technology
Information Management & Transformation

From: Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au [mailto:Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:05 PM
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
Subject: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 15-July-2009

Hi all,

Thank you all for a really productive meeting.

The draft minutes are available at:  http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-ssn-minutes.html
Please let me invite you to continue the discussion on the mailing list.
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: all discuss the versioning etc. of the ontology [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Cory to put up logistics page for f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Krzysztof to organise O&M ontology meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
The XG's Wiki page is accessible at: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Main_Page

Please let me invite you to use this forum for discussions on the development of the Semantic Markup and the Ontology


Dr. Holger Neuhaus
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Tasmanian ICT Centre

Phone: +61 3 6232 5547 | Fax: +61 3 6232 5000
holger.neuhaus@csiro.au<mailto:holger.neuhaus@csiro.au> | www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au> | www.csiro.au/science/TasICTCentre.html<http://www.csiro.au/science/TasICTCentre.html>

Address: GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia

The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian Government through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The Intelligent Island Program is administered by the Tasmanian Department of Economic Development and Tourism.

The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Received on Thursday, 16 July 2009 00:59:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:03:14 UTC