W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-ssn@w3.org > December 2009

Re: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 8-December-2009

From: John Graybeal <jbgraybeal@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 21:18:48 -0800
Message-Id: <BE5CEFCB-03A5-42C5-A9F8-FCE56721E9D1@mindspring.com>
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org

Sorry I missed today (again), strictly a matter of this insane project  
startup I'm on.  I am usually reading the minutes though, and saw this:

Laurent: changes in the semantic markup pages (review of papers and  
their use of XLink)

The following is some possibly relevant material -- I didn't see it  
captured in any way in the SSN references, but I may have missed it.

At OGC's GeoSemantic group yesterday, Patrick Maué (patrick.maue@uni-muenster.de 
) of the Institute for Geoinformatics (http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de) at  
University of Münster referenced work that includes the use of xlink  
and arcrole in OGC standards. See the following link (resolution) for  
the overview of the various pieces of the work:
and he cites the OGC document OGC Discussion Paper "Semantic  
Annotations in OGC Standards", which I think is OGC 08-167r1.  (My  
note-taking was spotty.)  Anyway, they've thought some about the use  
of xlink and arcrole, and I wanted to give the heads up to this list  
in case we weren't already aware of that work.

Back to my corner, hope to catch up with you next week.


On Dec 8, 2009, at 13:12, <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au> <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au 
 > wrote:

> Hi all,
> Thank you for attending the telephone conference today and for the  
> good discussion.
> The minutes are available at: http://www.w3.org/2009/12/08-ssn-minutes.html
> Summary of Action Items
> We didn’t record any actions; however, the agreed-upon Ontology  
> editing process implies some actions:
> Start with Michael's version sent last week.
> Everyone to file changes through the tracker.
> Change requests/comments are being decided at the telecons
> Michael to make the changes
> When Web Protégé is up and running, we can decide how to make the  
> transition…
> Everybody who took pictures at the f2f, please upload them to the  
> wiki: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Minutes-f2f-2009-10-24
> The XG’s Wiki page is accessible at: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Main_Page
> Please let me invite you to use this forum for discussions on the  
> development of the Semantic Markup and the Ontology.
> Cheers,
> Holger
> Dr. Holger Neuhaus
> Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
> Tasmanian ICT Centre
> Phone: +61 3 6232 5547 | Fax: +61 3 6232 5000
> holger.neuhaus@csiro.au | www.csiro.au | http://www.csiro.au/people/Holger.Neuhaus.html
> Address: GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
> The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian  
> Government through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The  
> Intelligent Island Program is administered by the Tasmanian  
> Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts.
> The information contained in this email may be confidential or  
> privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you  
> have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and  
> notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent  
> permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee  
> that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that  
> the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or  
> interference.
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.

I have my new work email address: jgraybeal@ucsd.edu

John Graybeal   <mailto:jgraybeal@ucsd.edu>
phone: 858-534-2162
System Development Manager
Ocean Observatories Initiative Cyberinfrastructure Project: http://ci.oceanobservatories.org
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org
Received on Wednesday, 9 December 2009 05:19:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:03:15 UTC