Re: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 8-December-2009

Dear John,

The mentioned OGC discussion paper is from Patrick Maue, Philippe
Duchesne and Sven Schade. Sven had a talk at our SSN-XG meetings like 2
or 3 month ago. You can find the slides here [1]; the OGC discussion
paper is also listed in our state of the art section.  You can also find
some additional details and annotation examples in our Semantic
Enablement Paper [2]. At the moment Sapience is focused on annotating
KML files (see the tutorials) but it can also be used in other
application areas. We also discussed this during the Meeting at the
ISWC. Patrick and Sven would like to open up a discussion about how to
continue on the annotation work by putting the OGC discussion paper on a
OGC wiki. This may take some time and we can use this opportunity to add
the perspective and experiences from the SSN-XG there (which will be the
main idea of having the wiki). One example which IMO should be part of
the OGC  discussion paper are approaches such as GRDDL.

Best Regards,
Krzysztof

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/images/e/e3/Swing_and_annotation.pdf
[2]
http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/~janowicz/downloads/janowicz_etal_tgis_semantic_enablement.pdf

--
Krzysztof Janowicz
Institute for Geoinformatics

fon: 0049 - 251 - 83 39764
fax: 0049 - 251 - 83 39763
janowicz@uni-muenster.de
http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/~janowicz

'Die Wahrheit ist das Kind der Zeit, nicht der Autorität'
(Bertolt Brecht)