Re: Kim Cameron's Laws of Identity

On 21 Jan 2010, at 09:50, Kaliya wrote:

> The Data Portability Project is working on tools to support website being clearer to users about their portability policies
> http://wiki.dataportability.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4490392

Interesting that this document is trying to "provide standard names for key concepts" and includes:

	• Identity: Representations of a person

Which was discussed in today's call [2] as probably not the best term (since it is so overloaded).
We are tracking this as an issue [1].

In this case, it would map better to our current "Profile" term - as we currently use "Identity" for the larger aggregate set of Profiles.

Also mentioned in today's call [2] was a link [3] that also uses "Profile" as we do.

We plan to add a mapping column to our vocab terms so that was can see the wider communities use of similar concepts.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/track/issues/2/edit
[2] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-swxg-minutes.html