Re: Google Turns on WebFinger

Just so you guys get a sense of WHERE this innovation came from....

originally it was part of XNS
  This protocol was to big and to much and it divided itself into
XRI and XDI

within XRI was XRDS documents
in their interaction with OpenID that format became non dependent on
XRI's and works with URLs.

and that was then evolved with Eran's input into
XRD-simple
and finally XRD

it is it's own spec with in the XRI technical committee

XRD is at the heart of Webfiger.

I would make comments about the deeper politics of why where this
originated from/came from is interesting/matters etc. but I will refain.

-Kaliya