Re: Pre-Telecon Introductions

Hi everyone,

I'm Phil Archer and I'm joining this group on behalf of my Greek
employer, i-sieve Technologies. This is a spin off from the Institute of
Informatics at the National Scientific Research Centre in Athens. We
work for companies such as ad agencies assessing the impact of their
campaigns by extracting data from blogs, microblogs, message boards,
audio and video streams and, where possible, social networks. Therefore
I'm interested in seeing what might be reasonable to expose to public view.

Before working at i-sieve I spent many years in online safety so I'm
imbued with worries about privacy and dangerous online behaviour,
especially by teenagers. So yes, I want social networks to be nice and
open so we can find out what people really think about different
products - but I also want to make sure that SNs are safe. I don't think
there is a simple solution to this conflict but let's see...

I chair the (soon to be finished) POWDER Working Group [1] in which is
part of the Semantic Web Activity. I was a member of the Mobile Web Best
Practices Group from its beginning until last year and took a particular
interest in mobileOK.

All being well my boss, Kostas Chandrinos, will also be joining the XG.

It would be invidious not to mention that when I'm not working for
Kostas at i-sieve I am a member of the W3C team working on the Mobile
Web Initiative.

Cheers

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/

--

Phil Archer
http://philarcher.org/www@20/

i-sieve technologies                |      W3C Mobile Web Initiative
Making Sense of the Buzz            |      www.w3.org/Mobile