Re: Privacy Jungle: Data Protection in Social Networks

On 22 Jun 2009, at 14:27, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> It seems the industry will be generally pro lock in, and architects
> and engineers espousing an open framework will be generally against.

I have written about why the industry will find huge value in
embracing the open social networks: "Outline of a business model for
open distributed social networks"
http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/business_model_for_open_distributed

Essentially the lock in that the Social Networks have is a problem for
the consumer, which is a problem for them, as they cannot sell their
software to the enterprise.

Henry