Policy Commons

From: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:30:37 +1000
To: <public-xg-socialweb@w3.org>

Dear all, one of the interesting themes from the Trust and Privacy on
the Social and Semantic Web (SPOT 2009) Workshop [1] this week was the
recognition of the need to "simplify" the complexity of policies for
your typical Web 2.0 user. A sort of "Policy Commons" is needed that
captures a hand-full of typical policies (covering privacy and
permissions) that will enable the user to choose from a consistent set
of polices across social networks.

To begin this investigation, we can look at the popular Social
Networks and summarise the main concepts used to describe their
polices. I have began this for FaceBook and Flickr [2] to get the ball
rolling. Please feel free to add and expand this wiki page. We can
then look at commonalities and potential "policy commons" options.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] <http://spot2009.semanticweb.org/program>
[2] < http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/PolicyCommons >