W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-socialweb@w3.org > August 2009

Agenda for SWXG Weekly Meeting: Wed. Aug 26th 13:00-14:00Z

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:51:50 +0100
Message-ID: <b3be92a00908250951t5edec49eo5f30b92b34912898@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
The main focus of this meeting will be the use-case documents and
figuring out the invited speaker schedule. Dan Brickley will give a
quick intro into the WebFinger tech meme that is sweeping the Web,
i.e. to resurrect Unix Finger using HTTP to make things like OpenID
work better.

SWXG WG Weekly

    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2009-08-26T13:00-15:00Z (See your
       [3]local time)
          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
                 6665
          + chair: hhalpin
          + scribe: Hans Constandt
          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
            regrets: Mischa, PeterF
          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 19th August 2009
            as a true record
          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. Sept. 1st
    2. General Organization and Task Forces
          + Let's talk about the final report and summarizing meetings
            - and can anyone summarize Nathan Eagle's talk?
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: DKA to summarize OSLO and geoLocation
            conversation in order to spread knowledge of these efforts
            among W3C members.
          + [DONE] ACTION: hhalpin to summarize metrics and gypsii
            talk.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:Mischa to describe/implement a report of
            terms and conditions, and how they change between now and
            the end of the XG.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: hhalpin to have
            http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf would refer to the new
            version, there will be a 'previous version' link to the
            current one
          + [DONE] ACTION:hhalpin take action to clean up the web-page
            and make it less intimidating to those who aren't members
          + [DONE] ACTION: hhalpin to ask Nathan Eagle for the draft of
            his chapter
    3. User Stories
          + Let's all [11]vote on the use-cases, merge them, and try to
            narrow them down and find editors for the documents.
          + Propose to have current "on-hold" use-caes around business
            merged in with the selected use-cases, so we try to see if
            each use-case has a business/developer/and user angle if
            possible when we edit them into the final document.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to write up the boeing use case
            for enterprise social networks
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:hhalpin to write up the social network
            data exchange story
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: tinkster to add user story along lines
            of... if you enable import of contacts from other sites,
            then it lowers the barrier to entry for new people signing
            up at your site, hence get more users, hence get more
            advertising revenue.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: rreck to write up use case based on
            shill case
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: rreck to send some thoughts on new
            template to be sent out to listserv.
          + Discuss voting and cleaning up use-cases via a WBS
            Questionnaire, to get everyone up to speed on last meeting.
    4. Invited Guest Invitations
          + Let's have a strategy session for moving onto looking at
            portability and formats once the use-case document is
            done...or should we look at digital identity more first?
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri to find someone from Opera to
            talk Widgets
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri and karl to contact Evan of
            identi.ca over OpenMicroblogging and W3C.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:Renato and DanBri and hhalpin to
            schedule DataPortability.org/XMPP
    5. DanBri on WebFinger and
          + If time permits, let's take a look at [12]Webfinger...
          +
     _________________________________________________________

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
      [3] http://permatime.com/UTC/2009-08-26/13:00/Next_teleconference
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/bridge#Zakim
      [5] tel:+1.617.761.6200;postd=swxg
      [6] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99;postd=swxg
      [7] tel:+44.117.370.6152;postd=swxg
      [8] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html
      [9] http://irc.w3.org:6665/sxwg
     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009Aug/0006.html
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43434/USECASES/
     [12] http://code.google.com/p/webfinger/
Received on Tuesday, 25 August 2009 16:52:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 25 August 2009 16:52:26 GMT