Re: A proposed provenance wg draft charter

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:18:18 +0100
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@cs.rpi.edu>, Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com>, "public-xg-prov@w3.org" <public-xg-prov@w3.org>, paulo <paulo@utep.edu>
On 10-10-15 14:54, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Let's be concrete, I suppose you are talking about PML,
> - what is the bias in OPM that makes it difficult to shoehorn PML concepts

There seems to be some amount of duplication between
them. Roughly it looks like Source, Antecedent and
Consequent are somewhat like Artifact and Rule and
Engine have something to do with Process.

It seems to me that it might be difficult to augment
e.g. an opmv:Process with information using PML to
explain exactly what the process has done. (whereas
using, e.g. EvoPat, to explain the nature of a
Process would appear to be quite straightforward).

OTOH it seems quite reasonable to express the Provenance
Element part of PML with OPMV instead, the latter
being able to carry more detailed information.

Cheers,
-w
--
William Waites                       <ww@styx.org>