Re: Suggested Concepts for Charter

Dear all,

I just added the concepts from the Provenance Vocabulary on the wiki
page [1].

* prv:Actor - It is broader than opm:Agent. Each opm:Agent is directly
related to a process (OPM defines opm:Agent as "a catalyst of a
process"). A prv:Actor can be basically any active entity. This includes
entities that are directly involved in the processes described (as
represented by opm:Agent) but also entities that are not directly
involved (e.g. the person who maintains the Web server that served a
prv:DataItem in a prv:DataAccess execution).

* prv:involvedActor - prv:involvedActor refers to active entities that
were somehow involved in the execution of a process. It is broader than
opm:wasControlledBy because this involvement does not necessarily mean
that the referent was responsible for controlling the execution.

* prv:containedBy - refers to a data item that contained a data item.

* prv:operatedBy - refers to a human actor who was operating a non-human
actor at the time the provenance description refers to. OPM does not
have any properties between opm:Agent.

* prv:usedBy - refers to a data publisher (a human actor) who used a
data providing services (a non-human actor) at the time the provenance
description refers to. Again, OPM does not properties between opm:Agent.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Proposal_for_a_Working_Group_on_Provenance#The_Provenance_Vocabulary

cheers,

Jun