Re: gap analysis (input regarding PML)

Hi James,

I think you've identified an import gap, namely, verifiability of the
provenance. I don't know whether this belongs in the News Aggregator
Scenario or another scenario but it should definitely be listed somewhere.

Technically, I know that the p-structure and the Semantic Web Publishing
vocabulary are as you described: they represent claims about  data
sources/derivations. Importantly, these claims can then be digital
signed by the entity making the claim. In the p-structure, we had the
notion of checking agreement between two participants in some message
passing interaction, which allowed you to "verify" that they agreed that
a message was passed. Whether you can verify whether a provenance trace
actually corresponds to the real world beyond checking that yes x signed
that it occurred, is a bit of an open question, I think.

Anyway, it's a good gap.

Paul