W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > March 2007

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 29/03/2007

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:14:38 +0200
Message-ID: <460BF3FE.2739E13@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of the today's's meeting are available

 http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html

Note: The next MMSEM-XG telecon is scheduled for
      Thu 13 Apr 2007, 16:00 UTC

The Summary of action items read:

[NEW] ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the next
telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use
case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki
after the end of XG [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal
written request [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to write to the list email with acceptance for
publication [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools
classifications [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and use
cases pages [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation
UC by next week [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by
next telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical
music [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the
interop deliverable [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to
have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by
next telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]

The minutes are fully reproduced below.

Best regards.

       RaphaŽl

----------------------------

      W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 29-03-2007, 16:00 UTC

29 Mar 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0063.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Thomas_Franz, Raphael, Zeljko, Jeff_Pan, Suzanne_Massimo,
          Chris_Erik_Gaetan, Oscar, SusanneBoll, giovannit

   Regrets
          Tobias, Vassilis, Roberto, Chris, Sofia, Pasquale, Ioannis,
          Melli, Michael

   Chair
          Jeff, Raphael

   Scribe
          Zeljko

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]1. ADMIN
         2. [6]2. LINKS Pages
         3. [7]3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
         4. [8]4. Interoperability Deliverable
         5. [9]4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
         6. [10]4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
         7. [11]4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)
         8. [12]4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
         9. [13]4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo,
            Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
        10. [14]4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis,
            Sofia)
        11. [15]5. MPEG-7 Deliverable (10')
        12. [16]6. AOB
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <raphael> Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 29-03-2007,
   16:00 UTC

   <raphael> Scribe: Zeljko

   <JeffP> Hi Raphael

   <chrisa_stamatia> yes, we are together in Chania, working on the
   deliverable

   <JeffP> Hi guys

   <chrisa_stamatia> hi all!

   <JeffP> I mean "Hi ladies"

   <chrisa_stamatia> yeap!

   <chrisa_stamatia> we have some concerns on the schedule, it is a bit
   tight given the Eastern...

   <ocelma> raphael: i did the call via the Spanish dial-in number, but
   not sure whether it worked (lots of music, but still waiting...)

   <ocelma> ok

   <scribe> Scribe: Zeljko

1. ADMIN

   PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15th March 2007 telecon

   RESOLUTION: accepted the minutes of the 15th March 2007 telecon
   ... Next telecon scheduled: 13th April 2007

2. LINKS Pages

   Vocabularies page

   <scribe> ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review
   by next telecon [PENDING] [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

   <raphael> Tools page

   <raphael> Comments from Raphael:
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0062
   .html

     [19]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0062.html

   Linking tools page and use cases

   <raphael> The minutes of 15/03/07:
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html

   Links from Use Case pages to Tools pages, but not necessarily other
   way round

   <scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and
   use cases pages [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

   Additions to tools page

   Problems with classifications of tools

   Video terms too resctrictive?

   Most of video tools also do the other media

   Separate mark for multiple media types

   "Multimodal" as an alternative?

   Raphael: add text in categories

   <scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools
   classifications [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

   Zeljko: Tools page has also linked from other wiki pages, and vice
   versa

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with
   wiki after the end of XG [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

   <SusanneBoll> I would also support for keeping the mailing list and
   Wiki pages active

   Jeff: related to extension of XG

3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable

   <scribe> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation
   on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style
   (XG report) [DONE] [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Raphael to write to the list email with acceptance
   for publication [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

4. Interoperability Deliverable

   4.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)

   Jeff: fixed minor comments...
   ... table of content is now restricted to only two levels...
   ... moving all the references to end of the document...
   ... minor but time consuming...
   ... discuss the use of RDF to improve interoperability...

   <SusanneBoll> unmute

   SusanneBoll: the problem with RDF is that it cannot access the
   fraction of the resource...
   ... rectangle with image, for example...
   ... reply sent to the list...

   Raphael: well known issue, several possibilities...
   ... XML snippet, that define the anchor, and annotation describe
   that anchor...
   ... defines how you define the region, MPEG-7 offers more detailed
   way...

   SusanneBoll: solution, but complicated

   <Chris_Erik_Gaetan> DIG35 also has some MPEG-7 like solution for
   this

   Raphael: write to the list concrete problem, to get response about
   how to od the annotation

   SussaneBoll: is there any group/paper about this issues?

   Raphael: "Obscure Object of Desire: Metadata on the Web"

   Jeff: problem is not about RDF...
   ... we need to have some other means to identify regions...
   ... meeting with Vasilis...
   ... section 3.3 of interoperability deliverable...
   ... discussion about the patterns that we can find in the photo use
   case...
   ... relation with algorithm use case...
   ... different interoperability requirements of use cases...
   ... additional ontologies needed...
   ... news use case - interesting illustrations of interoperability
   problems, but no solutions written in the Wiki...
   ... writte all the solutions, and come with common patterns among
   use cases...
   ... add more concrete examples that illustrate both the problem and
   solution...

   Raphael: time scale about filling sections

   Jeff: basically ready, interdependency of sections...

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)

   ID3 to OWL conversion

   Oscar: interesting discussion in the list...
   ... implementation between ID3 and music ontology
   ... common ideas as there, should not be difficult to implement
   mapping...
   ... finish coding, update the Wiki pages...

   Raphael: do not focus on size of Wiki pages...
   ... short and focused is goed...

   Giovanni: happy to participate and work with Oscar

   <raphael> ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable
   PENDING [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

   <scribe> ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the
   music use case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]

   Giovanni: relation with implementation and output of XG (use case
   description)?
   ... actual implementation, or plans, descriptions...

   Raphale: XG report text, but can link implementation of systems...

   <raphael> ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical
   music PENDING [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]

4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)

   Raphael: modified the wiki...
   ... late, agressive time plan to finish the use case in a week...
   ... focussing the porblems, not clear before...
   ... updating examples in wiki pages...
   ... solutions are there, documenting them...

   <Chris_Erik_Gaetan> +q

4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)

   <Chris_Erik_Gaetan> unmute me

   Chris: 4 thing to say...
   ... 1. progress from 50% to 85%, done by next teleconf...

   <sboll> wow

   Chris: concrete examples...

   <raphael> wowwwwwwww BIS :-)

   Chris: 2. to more examples
   ... 3. licencing issues...
   ... eager that we use it, but for management commitee they need
   written request from W3C...
   ... but it is gonna be OK...

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about
   formal written request [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

   <sboll> unmute me

   Raphael: report to the list

   SusanneBoll: interesting to look at this new standard
   ... should we use it more?

   Erik: XMP, look into it, did not do it yet...
   ... after current work...

   SusanneBoll: is standard solving many efforts, or is it still open
   issue

   Chris: ontology on the top of that to combine standards...
   ... generate one ontology to combine metadata standards...

   Raphael: design an old sschema, is it available?
   ... how to do the tranformations?

   Schema is almost done, on th eweb site until next teleconf...

   scribe: not automatic translation...

   <raphael> ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by
   the next telecon [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

   scribe: develop a simple example, and transfer it into RDF...

4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)

   Thomas: will be two meetings about that in April...
   ...
   ... in two weeks...
   ... discuss possible implementations, but not bring
   implementation...
   ... more frequent meeting after...
   ... post outcome of the meetings...

4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia,
Ovidio)

   Jeff: send the comments to the mailing list...
   ... pattern not the same for this UC...

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm
   representation UC [PENDING] [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]

   <scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps
   [DONE] [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

   Massimo: waiting review...

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]

4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia)

   Second part of the UC could be dropped?...

5. MPEG-7 Deliverable (10')

   Raphael: started discussions, established very aggressive work plant
   ot get documents quickly...
   ... keep updated the list about the progress...

6. AOB

   Jeff: Future of the XG

   <raphael> ... discussion on the list about a possible workshop

   Jeff: chairs to check the possibilities of extending XG to get the
   job done...
   ... also related to the workshop...

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]

   Erik: other want to work with us, also big companies...

   <sboll> happy easter everybody

   <giovannit> see you everybody :-)

   <ThomasFranz> bye

   <chrisa_stamatia> bye!

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the
   next telecon [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music
   use case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki
   after the end of XG [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG
   [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal
   written request [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Raphael to write to the list email with acceptance for
   publication [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools
   classifications [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and
   use cases pages [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm
   representation UC [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review
   by next telecon [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical
   music [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable
   [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

   [DONE] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation
   on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style
   (XG report) [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps
   [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [52]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([53]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/03/29 17:05:57 $
     _________________________________________________________

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Thursday, 29 March 2007 17:15:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT