W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > March 2007

[MMSEM] Agenda 29th March Telecon 1600 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:13:33 +0200
Message-ID: <460AA23D.60775C8F@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Dear MMSEMers,

ATTENTION: PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE BACK TO THE NORMAL HOUR TELECONF FOR
EUROPEAN

For the ones who will not be able to make the telecon and therefore who
plans to send regrets, please, send to the public mailling list _prior_
to the telecon an update status of your Action Points!

Best regards.

	Jeff and RaphaŽl

---------------------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
29th March 2007, 1600 UTC
                0900 (West US)
                1200 (East US)
                1700 (London)
                1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
                1900 (Athens)
Duration: 60 min

ZAKIM Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 (USA), +33.4.89.06.34.99 (France),
+44.117.370.6152 (UK), conference code 66736# ('MMSEM')

Backup telecon: (Dial-in numbers)
# Austria - 0820 4000 1556
# Belgium - 070 35 9978
# France - 0826 100 260
# Germany - 01805 00 76 13
# Ireland - 0818 270 025
# Italy - 848 390 160
# Netherlands - 9006 454 545
# Spain - 902 886029
# Switzerland - 0848 560 183
# UK - 0870 35 204 78
# Others: +1 (605) 990-0150
Participant access code: 962875#

IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem Web-based IRC
(member-only):
         http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Jeff, Raphael
Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
Regret:

Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by members and
invited experts only.

1. ADMIN (5')

Roll call
Regrets:

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15th March 2007 telecon:
    http://www.w3.org/2007/03/15-mmsem-minutes.html
Next telecon scheduled: 13th April 2007

2. LINKS Pages (10')
Status Update:

Vocabularies page, see:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies
   ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next
telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

Resources/Tools page, see:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources
   ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to give feedback on how to improve the Tools
Page [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
   See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0062.html

3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable (5')

   ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the
Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report)
change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

4. Interoperability Deliverable (30')

 4.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)

   What is the status ?

 4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)

   ID3 to OWL conversion: see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0043.html

   ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music
(thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
   ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

 4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)

   ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop
deliverable [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

 4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)

   ACTION: Erik to contact DIG35 to see any licensing problems if we do
some conversions [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
   DONE: see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0042.html

   ACTION: Erik to do the conversion from DIG35 to OWL/RDF [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
   DONE: see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0042.html

   ISSUE: licencing problem

 4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)

  Thomas, what is the concrete plan for the next month?

 4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia,
Ovidio)

  ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till
next AC [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
  ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

 4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia)

   Review of Susanne Little:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0024.html
   Review of Vassilis:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0038.html

Issue: would you want to drop the second use case (multimodality) and
focus on the first one, with an emphasis on the interoperability
problems?
Issue: how could you extend the state of the art review on the semantic
gap (see Suzanne reference list)?

5. MPEG-7 Deliverable (10')

  ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have
MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]

6. AOB

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 28 March 2007 17:14:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT