RE: MMSEM photo use case

From: Christian Timmerer \(ITEC\) <christian.timmerer@itec.uni-klu.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:02:44 +0200
To: "'Susanne Boll'" <susanne.boll@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de>, "'MMSem-XG Public List'" <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Cc: <christian.timmerer@itec.uni-klu.ac.at>

Hi all,
  have you ever heard about the MPEG Photo Player Multimedia Application
Format? Anyway, you'll be informed soon about this new MPEG standard through
a liaison statement. If you cannot await this, then you should check out
[1][2] for further information. The latter reference gives an overview of
MAFs.

In short, what it does: Specification of a format comprising images and
metadata. What it is for: Provides a convenient format to store images with
metadata to facilitate search.

Best regards,
 -Christian

[1] http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/technologies/mpa-pp/index.htm
[2] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MMUL.2005.79

:--
:- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Christian Timmerer
:- Department of Information Technology (ITEC)
:- Klagenfurt University, Austria
:- http://research.timmerer.com