Re: [MMSEM-UC] Comments on the Algorithm representation Use case - Regrets for today's telecon

From: Massimo Martinelli <Massimo.Martinelli@isti.cnr.it>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:45:19 +0200
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Cc: "Jeff Z. Pan" <jpan@csd.abdn.ac.uk>

Dear all,

regrets for today's telecon.

Thanks to Jeff for his comments on the Algorithm representation UC.
We are very happy about the interest and the contribution that this UC
is giving the XG.
In the following few preliminary answers to Jeff's comments.

General Comments
 We are introducing a separate section regarding the interoperability
aspect.
 Our idea is to extract part of section 5 and extend it.
We are also working to give clarifications on research vs application.

Detailed Comments
 1) Jeff's comments are correct in general, but interoperability
problems have been clearly highlighted in section 5.
 We hope to give more details in the separate section we are preparing.

 2) Please note that section 2 introduces a general problem and that the
reference to an algorithm ontology can be considered as a seed of
interoperability. This way both the aspects of interoperability and
foundation to provide recommendations to non-experts is provided.

 3) We are revising this section according to Jeff's comments.

 4) See above General Comments.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Best regards,
Massimo & C.