W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > September 2006

RE: Agenda 14 September Telecon 1600 UTC

From: Yannis Avrithis <iavr@image.ntua.gr>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 03:17:28 +0300
Message-Id: <200609160019.k8G0Ji5R021727@manolito.image.ece.ntua.gr>
To: "'MMSem-XG Public List'" <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Cc: "'Raphael Troncy'" <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>

[sending this again, original not through W3C mailing list] 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yannis Avrithis [mailto:iavr@image.ntua.gr] 
> Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 3:58 PM
> To: 'MMSem-XG Public List'
> Subject: RE: Agenda 14 September Telecon 1600 UTC
> 
> Hi Raphael, all
> 
> Sorry I have to send my late regrets for yesterday. I was 
> planning to attend but something unforeseen came up. This is 
> quite unfortunate as I was away on the previous meeting and 
> I'll also be travelling during the next one in two weeks. I 
> do have news on the MPEG liaison, I'll send it separately.
> 
> Best regards
> Yannis
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: public-xg-mmsem-request@w3.org 
> > [mailto:public-xg-mmsem-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Raphael Troncy
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:59 PM
> > To: MMSem-XG Public List
> > Subject: Agenda 14 September Telecon 1600 UTC
> > 
> > 
> > AGENDA Teleconference
> > W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
> > 14 September 2006, 1600 UTC
> >                 0900 (West US)
> >                 1200 (East US)
> >                 1700 (London)
> >                 1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
> >                 1900 (Athens)
> > Duration: 60 min
> > 
> > Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 66736# ('MMSEM') IRC 
> > Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem Web-based IRC 
> (member-only):
> >          http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> > 
> > Chair: RaphaŽl Troncy
> > Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
> > 
> > Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by 
> > members and invited experts only.
> > 
> > 1. ADMIN
> > 
> > Roll call
> > Regrets: Jeff Z. Pan
> > 
> > PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 31 August 2006 telecon:
> >     http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html
> > 
> > PROPOSED next telecon 28 September 2006
> > 
> > 2. LIAISON (SWBPD)
> > 
> >    ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the 
> outcome of the
> > MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria 
> > [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
> > 
> >    The "Image annotation on the Semantic Web" Working Draft 
> > has now been fully revised. There is an issue with respect to 
> > its publication that should be discussed.
> > 
> > 3. XG UPDATES
> > 
> >    ACTION: ALL should have her/his web page (preferably in 
> > RDF) on the WIKI. [recorded in 
> > http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
> > 
> > It is expected that each participant of the various use cases 
> > report on their activity and their working plan. For the ones 
> > that are not yet tracked in one or more use cases, it is 
> > expected that they state their interest in an existing use 
> > case or propose a new one.
> > 
> > Call for reviewer: the members of this XG should be volunteer 
> > to review one use case in which they do not directly 
> > participate. Each use case should have one or two reviewers.
> > 
> > Interoperability Problems (6 use cases):
> > 
> >  3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Christian, Thierry)
> > 
> >  3.2 News Use case: (Raphael, Thierry, IPTC)
> > 
> >  3.3 Media Production Use case: (Vassilis)
> > 
> >  3.4 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)
> > 
> >  3.5 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case: (Stamatia, Yiannis,
> > Michael)
> > 
> >  3.6 Semantics from Multimedia Authoring Use case: (Susanne) 
> > and  Tagging Use case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)
> > 
> > Knowledge Representation Problems (2 use cases):
> > 
> >  3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)
> > 
> >  3.8 Low level feature extraction Use case: (Ioannis, Vasileios ...
> > addition by Susanne)
> > 
> > 4. Future Metings:
> > 
> >    ACTION: Jeff, Raphael to contact Yannis for the practical 
> > SAMT details [recorded in 
> > http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
> >    DONE:
> > 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0006.html
> > 
> > 5. AOB
> > 
> > --
> > RaphaŽl Troncy
> > CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science), Kruislaan 
> > 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> > e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> > Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> > Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> > Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
> > 
> > 
> 
Received on Saturday, 16 September 2006 00:36:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:19 GMT