W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > November 2006

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 23/11/2006

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:11:54 +0100
Message-ID: <4565E46A.E6350EB1@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Dear all,

The minutes of today's meeting are at
    http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html

The next meeting will be the Face 2 Face meeting, 8-9 December in Athens

The next telecon is then scheduled for Thursday 11/01/2007, 16:00 UTC

All Use cases descriptions should be ready by December 1st !!! Hard
deadline, so that everybody can read the material for the discussion. An
agenda of the F2F will be distributed soon for comment from all of you.

The minutes are fully reproduced below ...
Best.

    RaphaŽl

--------------------

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

      W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 23-11-2006, 16:00 UTC

23 Nov 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0036.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          SusanneBoll, Raphael, JeffPan, Michael, ISTI, George, Tobias,
          Ioannis(IRC), Jacco(IRC), alessio(IRC)

   Regrets
          Giovanni, Pasquale, Chris, Paola, Thierry, Stamatia

   Chair
          Jeff

   Scribe
          Raphael, Jacco, raphael, michael

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]1. ADMIN
         2. [6]2. LINKS Pages
         3. [7]3. XG UPDATES
         4. [8]3.1 Music Use Case
         5. [9]3.2 News Use case
         6. [10]3.3 Bio-medical use case
         7. [11]3.4 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
         8. [12]3.5 Photo Use case
         9. [13]3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case
        10. [14]3.7 Algorithm representation Use case
        11. [15]3.8 Tagging Use case
        12. [16]3.9 Building multimedial Semantic Web Applications
        13. [17]4. Interoperability Deliverable
        14. [18]Future Meetings
     * [19]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <raphael> Scribe: Raphael, Jacco

   <TobiasBuerger> hi raphael!

1. ADMIN

   <mhausenblas> hi

   <alessio> hallo raphael, hallo all

   <IoannisPratikakis> unfortunately, it is not possible

   <IoannisPratikakis> we have a restriction to call abroad

   <IoannisPratikakis> we have to do it via secreteriat that is closed
   now

   <alessio> I know Ioannis problem... that's because I always join via
   IRC

   <SusanneBoll> mute SusanneBoll

   <IoannisPratikakis> voipbuster is for free ?

   <SusanneBoll> mute Susanne Boll

   <raphael> YES, Ioannis

   <raphael> type : "Zakim, mute me"

   <Jacco> soory guys, I've to send regrets. Thought I would be ok
   after a few asparins but I'm not... See you next time

   <raphael> perhaps

   <mhausenblas> hear you in a minute ...

   <IoannisPratikakis> thanks for the info, first i hear it

   <anadiotis> actually, i think voipbuster only gives you an initial
   number of free minutes, after that you have to pay

   <isti> hi all from Patrizia, Suzanne and Massimo

   <raphael> could you all join please ?

   <raphael> please ALL, join again on the phone

   <SusanneBoll> i am here

   <raphael> Susanne you can join again on the phone

   <raphael> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 16 November 2006
   telecon: ACCEPTED

   <raphael> ACCEPTED: skip the telecon of 7 December 2006, reason:
   Face 2 Face the

   <raphael> 8-9 of December

   <raphael> POLL: next telecon of 21 December 20006 ?

   <IoannisPratikakis> vote for 21/12

   <SusanneBoll> yes, please

   <raphael> SKIP the telecon of 21/12: ACCEPTED

   <raphael> POLL: next telecon of 4 January 2007 ?

   <raphael> Next Telecon: 11/01 and 18/01

2. LINKS Pages

   <raphael> Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page ...

   <raphael> Oscar has contributed

   <raphael> his account is in the pipeline

   <raphael> Raphael ... skip the section 4 ... describe the overlap in
   the description of the vocabularies

   <raphael> ... make this document an XG TR ?

   <raphael> keep it as a living document for sure.

   <raphael> all my comments have been addressed

   <raphael> Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page ...
   Giovanni not here

3. XG UPDATES

   <raphael> Melli and Paul are not here

   <raphael> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image
   Annotation on the SW" PENDING [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

   <raphael> ACTION: Vassilis to review all use cases PENDING [recorded
   in [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

   <raphael> ACTION: Jeff to review all use cases PENDING [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

3.1 Music Use Case

   <raphael> nobody is here

3.2 News Use case

   <raphael> We are working on getting the data

   <raphael> PB: show problems of using NewsML1 and 2, DowJones ML or
   even the format from a braodcaster

   <mhausenblas> raphael [23]http://www.profium.com/

     [23] http://www.profium.com/

   <raphael> Except to have a nice description for discussion during
   the F2F

3.3 Bio-medical use case

   <raphael> Melli is not here

3.4 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case

   <raphael> Michael does not really know the status

   <raphael> ACTION: Michael to contact Stamatia about this use case
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

3.5 Photo Use case

   <raphael> Susanne: plan to use slides to present the use case

   <raphael> Raphael: F2F will be working session, we could spend one
   hour per use case

   <raphael> Susanne: overlap with the vocabulary page, many
   vocabularies possible

   <raphael> ... discuss the applications that will handle the metadata

   <raphael> Jeff: towards a common framework for MM interoperability
   problems ...

3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case

   <raphael> Ioannis, would you like to comment ?

   <IoannisPratikakis> there is an update since yesterday

   <IoannisPratikakis> apologies for my late response

   <IoannisPratikakis> due to limited availability

   <raphael> would you like to explain this update ...

   <IoannisPratikakis> examples are more detaled

   <IoannisPratikakis> there is a Figure to depict the metadata over
   the web page

   <raphael> My main coments with the update is why choosing an example
   about athletics in Section 2 and then an art example in the solution
   (section 3)

   <raphael> ?

   <raphael> When do you plan to discuss the solution ?

3.7 Algorithm representation Use case

   <IoannisPratikakis> for both examples are already discussed the
   solutions

   <raphael> thanks Ioannis, what do you expect now for going forward ?

   <raphael> Two review for the use cases: Tobias and Raphael

   <IoannisPratikakis> more people involved from the SW community to
   give a more in-depth flavor of the SW requirements

   <IoannisPratikakis> we should discuss it at F2F meeting

   <raphael> ok Ioannis !

   <raphael> Patrizia: different kind of interoperability problems

   <raphael> ... low level: input / output of the algorithms

   <raphael> ... higher level: semantic concepts

   <raphael> You should take a look at the MPEG-7 ontology of K-Space
   .... (algorithm design pattern)

   <IoannisPratikakis> is it publicly available ?

   <mhausenblas> iannis: not yet

   <IoannisPratikakis> when do you estimate that we may have at least a
   draft ?

   <raphael> Most likely in December ...

   <IoannisPratikakis> If we can get it to F2F then perfect timing

   <raphael> ACTION: Patrizia to tell if someone from ISTI will make
   the F2F [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

3.8 Tagging Use case

   <raphael> Small update on the description of the solution

   <raphael> George will not make the F2F

   <raphael> ... but it is possible to make a demo during the Face 2
   Face

3.9 Building multimedial Semantic Web Applications

   <raphael> ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review [PENDING] [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

4. Interoperability Deliverable

   <raphael> Vassilis is not here

   <raphael> It will be an important point during the next F2F meeting

   <raphael> Susanne: what kind of text should be provided ?

   <raphael> Jeff: in section 9 (possible solutions) and 6.2

   <raphael> ... summary of the problems encountered in the use cases

   <mhausenblas> we have a AP here already ... (Vassilis) - better
   wait?

   <raphael> ACTION: Vassilis to clarify the content of section 6 and 9
   and ask to use case authors precised contributions, on the mailling
   list: PENDING [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

   <raphael> sorry, i quit the phone, no crdit on my phone card :-(

   <raphael> I'm finishing the telecon on IRC only

   <raphael> Michael, you scribe the end ?

   <mhausenblas> i'll try it ..

   <mhausenblas> ACTION: Chairs to contact Vassilis, ALL UC authors to
   contribute till F2F [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

Future Meetings

   <anadiotis> bye all

   <SusanneBoll> bye

   <raphael> Scribe: raphael, michael

   <IoannisPratikakis> bye, see you at F2F in Athens

   <JeffP> see you :-)

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Chairs to contact Vassilis, ALL UC authors to
   contribute till F2F [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael to contact Stamatia about this use case
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Patrizia to tell if someone from ISTI will make the
   F2F [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeff to review all use cases [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image
   Annotation on the SW" [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to clarify the content of section 6 and 9
   and ask to use case authors precised contributions, on the mailling
   list [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to review all use cases [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Thursday, 23 November 2006 18:12:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:20 GMT