Fwd: www2007info WWW2007 Newsletter -- December/06 Issue

Dear all,

should we propose a panel for "The role of multimedia metadata for
the Semantic Web"
Who could be the panelists?

Kind regards,
Susanne

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: www2007announce@iw3c2.org
> Datum: 14. Dezember 2006 17:27:56 MEZ
> An: www2007announce@iw3c2.org
> Betreff: www2007info WWW2007 Newsletter -- December/06 Issue
> Antwort an: www2007info@iw3c2.org

> --
>
>                WWW2007 Newsletter -- December/06 Issue

> --
>
> This is the fifth issue of the WWW2007 Newsletter. In this issue:
>
> 1. Call for panel proposals
> 2. Prabhakar Raghavan confirmed as plenary speaker
> 3. Record number of refereed paper submissions received
> 4. Nine workshops accepted for WWW2007
> 5. Yahoo! is our first Gold Sponsor
> 6. SAP confirmed as a Bronze Sponsor

> --
>
> 1. Call for panel proposals
> ---------------------------
>
> Send us your ideas for an exciting WWW2007 panel!
>
> WWW2007 panels should focus on emerging technologies, controversial
> issues, or unsolved problems in the World Wide Web community. Panels
> are expected to stimulate lively, thoughtful, and sometimes
> provocative
> discussions. Panelists are expected to actively engage the audience
> and
> help them broaden their understanding of the issues.
>
> Proposals should be 4-6 pages long and can be submitted in either
> HTML or PDF. Please send proposals for WWW2007 panels to
> www2007panels@iw3c2.org
>
> See Call for Panels CFP for full details:
> http://www2007.org/cfp-Panels.php
>

> 2. Prabhakar Raghavan confirmed as plenary speaker
>
> Prabhakar Raghavan, head of Yahoo! Research, is confirmed as a plenary
> speaker for WWW2007. His research interests include text and web
> mining, and algorithm design. He is a Consulting Professor of Computer
> Science at Stanford University and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal
> of the
> ACM. Raghavan received his PhD from Berkeley and is a Fellow of the
> ACM
> and of the IEEE. Prior to joining Yahoo, he was Senior Vice-President
> and Chief Technology Officer at Verity; before that he held a
> number of
> technical and managerial positions at IBM Research.
>

> 3. Record number of refereed paper submissions received
>
> The WWW2007 Program Committee will review 755 research papers, out of
> 767 submissions (some were withdrawn or did not meet quality
> standards).
>
> This is the largest number of submissions in the history of the World
> Wide Web Conference. This makes WWW2007 a very competitive venue,
> ensuring a very high quality program and keeping the tradition of the
> WWW conference series.
>
> WWW2007 also received 37 proposals for workshops (see note below), and
> 27 proposals for tutorials. We are looking forward to a very exciting
> and high quality technical program.
>

> 4. Nine workshops accepted for WWW2007
> --------------------------------------
>
> A total of nine workshops were chosen by the Program Committee for
> [...]

Professor Dr. Susanne Boll
University of Oldenburg
Department of Computing Science
Media Informatics and Multimedia Systems
Escherweg 2
D-26121 Oldenburg
Germany
Tel: +49-441-9722 213