W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > August 2006

Agenda 31 August Telecon 1600 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:27:15 +0200
Message-ID: <44F68143.2B0C010B@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Dear MMSemers,

Please find below the agenda for the Today Teleconference of the
Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group. Sorry for this late notification
after the summer break.

It is expected that each participant of the various use cases report on
their activity and their working plan. For the ones that are not yet
tracked in one or more use cases, it is expected that they state their
interest in an existing use case or propose a new one.

>From now, ALL should have her/his web page (preferably in RDF) on the
WIKI. If you have any access or technical problems for editing the
pages, please report it to me and Jeff today and prior to the
teleconference.
In the same way, ALL use cases should be on the WIKI pages.

Best regards.

	RaphaŽl

-----------------------------------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
31 August 2006, 1600 UTC
                0900 (West US)
                1200 (East US)
                1700 (London)
                1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
                1900 (Athens)
Duration: 60 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 66736# ('MMSEM')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem
Web-based IRC (member-only):
         http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Jeff Z. Pan / RaphaŽl Troncy
Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)

Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by members and
invited experts only.

1. ADMIN

Roll call
Regrets: Jacco van Ossenbruggen

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 July 2006 telecon:
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html

PROPOSED next telecon 14 September 2006

2. LIAISON (SWBPD)

   ACTION: ALL give comments on the "Image annotation on the Semantic
Web" Working Draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/10-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

   ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the
MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

3. XG UPDATES

   ACTION: jeff and raphael to start discussion on email subject
prefixes [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
   DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Aug/0000.html

Use cases: This list is non exhaustive, and all participants can feel
free to suggest more use cases or join an already existing one. ALL use
cases *should* be added into the wiki as soon as possible!

Interoperability Problems (4 use cases):

 3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Christian, Thierry)

   ACTION: Thierry to write up limitations of MPEG-7 description schemes
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/10-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

 3.2 Tagging Use case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)

 3.3 News Use case: (Raphael, Thierry, IPTC)

 3.4 Media Production Use case: (Vassilis)

Knowledge Representation Problems (3 use cases):

 3.5 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)

 3.6 Low level feature extraction Use case: (Ioannis, Vasileios)

One or Two use cases ? Clarification ? Fusion ?

 3.7 Biological Use Case: (Melli)

 3.8 Other Use case ?

4. Future Metings:

   ACTION: Jeff, Raphael to contact Yannis for the practical SAMT
details [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

5. AOB

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Thursday, 31 August 2006 06:28:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:19 GMT