More questions acronyms

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:56:05 -0700
To: "public-xg-lld@w3.org" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
In App A [1] we have:

****
Value vocabularies such as the Library of Congress Subject Headings,
AGROVOC, the Virtual International Authority File (VIAF), Dewey
Decimal Classification, and GeoNames;

Metadata element sets such as Dublin Core Metadata Terms, the elements
of RDA: Resource Description and Access, Simple Knowledge Organization
System (SKOS), and the Friend of a Friend vocabulary (FOAF).
****

Is there a reason that we give the acronyms for FOAF and SKOS and not
for DC or RDA or LCSH and various other things in this section? It
seems that we should do them all the same, no? And AGROVOC is not
spelled out anywhere that I can find (even on their web page) so I
guess it's a word that just happens to be upper-cased?

kc

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2#Appendix_A:_An_inventory_of_existing_library_Linked_Data_resources