Re: Editing "Issues"

Actually, I like Jodi's last proposal, and imho, we are explicit
enough in the report on the kind of "links" that we expect so that
it's understood that it's not just regular hypertext-style
web-of-documents links.
I left it as is for now, we can discuss it further on the call.

Other issues in "The Current situation" :

- "Library standards are designed only for the library community"  [1]
Our statement on liaising with other bodies was very generic ; I tried
to bring it back into the Linked Data context.

- "Library technology changes depend on vendor systems development" [2]
This paragraph is quite implicit about the reason why the fact that
technical expertise is held by vendors should be an issue. We miss a
sentence at the end of the paragraph like :
"Thus libraries rely on these vendors and their technology development
plans, rather than on their own incentive, when they want to adopt
Linked Data at a production scale."

-"Library data is expressed primarily in natural-language text" [3]
I still don't like the wording of the last sentence with 3 "that" in a
very long phrase, but couldn't come up with a decent solution...
except just splitting the sentence in 2 :
"The absence or insufficient support of links by library systems
raises important issues. Changes to authority displays require that
all related records be retrieved in order to change their text strings
-- a disruptive and expensive process that often prevents libraries
from implementing changes in a timely manner."

Diff at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_issues_page_take2&diff=6298&oldid=6292

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_issues_page_take2&diff=6298&oldid=6292#Library_standards_are_designed_only_for_the_library_community
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page_take2#Library_technology_changes_depend_on_vendor_systems_development
[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page_take2#Library_data_is_expressed_primarily_in_natural-language_text