changes to authority displays Re: Editing "Issues"

From: Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:26:42 +0100
Cc: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, public-xg-lld@w3.org
To: Emmanuelle Bermes <manue@figoblog.org>

On 8 Sep 2011, at 11:11, Emmanuelle Bermes wrote:

> -"Library data is expressed primarily in natural-language text" [3]
> I still don't like the wording of the last sentence with 3 "that" in a
> very long phrase,

Good point.

> but couldn't come up with a decent solution...

Here's another attempt, FWIW:
"In order to change authority displays, all related records must be retrieved and their text strings changed  -- a disruptive and expensive process that often prevents libraries from implementing changes in a timely manner."

> except just splitting the sentence in 2 :
> "The absence or insufficient support of links by library systems
> raises important issues. Changes to authority displays require that
> all related records be retrieved in order to change their text strings
> -- a disruptive and expensive process that often prevents libraries
> from implementing changes in a timely manner."

> [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page_take2#Library_data_is_expressed_primarily_in_natural-language_text

The current version, for comparison:
"Changes to authority displays require that all related records be retrieved in order to change their text strings -- a disruptive and expensive process that often prevents libraries from implementing changes in a timely manner."

-Jodi