Re: Tools

Perhaps we could think about this in terms of use cases. One use case
is a library-related developer (in a library or perhaps working for a
vendor) who wants to begin experimenting with linked data, or maybe
even has been given the mandate to create linked data (this should
sound familiar to Jeff :-)). We need to be able to point that person
to some starting points. I think Jeff's list does that well. (And I
really hope that "we" can start doing some training/education around
those tools.)

What I run into, and I suspect this is Emmanuelle's experience, is
library data practitioners who want to see what LLD might look like to
them - that's a different use case. They are confused about where URIs
fit in (will they have to type those long, meaningless strings?), and
where sharable data will come into their workflow. I think that at the
moment we do not have tools for these people, but if we can education
the former group of potential developers, then we are one step closer
to giving the larger community something they can see.

I'm going to crib from Jeff's list for the second part of the webinars
I'm giving for ASIST. Obviously I can't say much about how to use the
tools, but I'm hoping that some people in the audience might be able
to use them.

kc

--
Karen Coyle