Talis LLD day at BL

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:46:30 +0200
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

Last week I was at the British Library for the second edition of the Talis day on LLD.
Presentations are available at http://consulting.talis.com/resources/presentations-from-linked-data-and-libraries-2011/

There was some really cool stuff. Notably, some reports from Neil Wilson (BL), Phil John (Capita) and Owen Stephens who discussed about the kind of practices we should exactly be exchanging in our community, notably to help migrating library data to LD. Very much in the "facilitate" trend of our recommendations. Rob Style made also very interesting--some controversial--on this, but there is not much trace of his talk online, for the moment.

A specific point I'd like to raise attention to is Jerry Persons' presentation: he presented the outcome of a Linked Data Workshop at Stanford University:
http://www.slideshare.net/TalisConsulting/linked-data-workshop-stanford-university
That was focused on library data, and they're going to work on a report, which should have a very similar focus to ours. Was anyone of us involved in that, and thus would be likely to contribute some coordination? It would be a pity if both report went our in splendid isolation...

Cheers,

Antoine