Executive summary in report

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:00:48 +0100
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

On the following action:

ACTION: Antoine to include executive summary placeholder in report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-minutes.html#action01]

I have added a placeholder at [1], trying to sum up what we discussed:
[
"executive summary" of 1 or 2 pages for decision makers. Decision-makers about library technology need a snapshot--which could be anyway also useful for other persons, like implementers or would-be implementers of any kind of library-related LOD project.

Perhaps it could also function as a reading guide/entry point to other sections.
]

Note the conditional in the last item. I think there is no contradiction between having a piece of text that works as an executive summary and a reading guide, on the contrary. Yet in the discussion prior to the action we mentioned the two things, but did not make an explicit statement about them being one and a same. I've just left "could" for the time being, in case any of you has objections.

Best,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=DraftReport&oldid=2831#Executive_Summary