Request for input for DO cluster on Problems/Limitations

From: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:37:06 +0100
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm having some trouble curating the Digital Objects section on Problems
and Limitations [1].

Could I ask the UC shepherds involved, Gordon, Antoine, "Andras" [2]
(who is this?), Peter Murray, William, Uldis Bojars to help out?

               ---- Enhanced Publications Cluster ----

I had some contact with the owners of the UC I'm shepherding (Enhanced
Publications), and they have problems which are hard to put directly in
the DO Cluster page, because they are more generic. Summary from a long
email in Dutch:

- which URIs to use for e.g. persons, objects, organizations
- little knowledge on SemWeb tech, hard to get trained personnel
- SemWeb tools are not mature, minimalist, spartan

- bad quality of ontologies like FOAF; things missing or strangely
implemented
- inverse properties missing; makes it difficult to display info on an
object
- overlap in ontologies; which to use?
- missing properties -> islands of unconnected groups of resources.

I will ask them to provide some more details.

Mark.

[1]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Digital_Objects#Problems_and_Limitations

[2]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases#Cluster:_Digital_objects