Re: AW: [Spam-Wahrscheinlichkeit=45]Re: vocabs, metadata set, datasets

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 05:05:48 -0800
To: "Svensson, Lars" <L.Svensson@dnb.de>
Cc: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Quoting "Svensson, Lars" <L.Svensson@dnb.de>:

> I think it's an excellent idea to have publishers as first class
> entities (they really are a subset of corporate bodies, right?). When we
> use RDA in the SemWeb way we'll have the possibility to link publisher
> to a corporate body, or am I mistaken?
>
> All the best,
>
> Lars

It is a good idea, but it may not be easy. Publishers (especially
lately) go through a lot of changes -- being bought and sold,
combining and separating. So the problem is less with the data format
than in deciding which corporate body should be associated with a
publication. Making this determination would be extra effort for the
person creating the metadata. And it doesn't exist for the legacy
data. That's the rub!