Re: social and emergent uses -- DRAFT -- call for use cases

From: Monica Duke <m.duke@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:12:58 +0000
To: Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org>
CC: public-xg-lld@w3.org

Jodi Schneider wrote:
> Here’s our draft call for use cases for the "social and emergent" cluster:
>
>     * What listservs should we send this? So far, we envision sending
>       this to:
>           o ASIST, code4lib, public LLD list, AOIR

If we would like to reach the cultural heritage sector (in the UK at
least) I would suggest
1) a post on the cultural heritage blog
http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/cultural-heritage/
(I can't guarantee that the request will be posted but I can ask)
and/or
2) The museums computer group
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=mcg

However, with both of these, I would say there is a small risk that the
'library' angle may be missed i.e. we just get museum people responding
without necessarily addressing integrating the library angle, or
possibly that the 'linked data' side isn't that well known and we get
'social web' responses.  Although see this discussion on the MCG list,
about open data, in which linked data does at least get a mention:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=MCG;e9711de7.1011

Monica