W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > August 2011

Re: Agenda - Aug 18 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 01:04:02 +0100 (BST)
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1602250615.194043.1313625842953.JavaMail.open-xchange@oxltgw05.schlund.de>
Tom
 
Apologies for this meeting; I'm still at IFLA. btw I thought today's Semantic
Web SIG chaired by Emmanuelle was very successful, and she gave a great
presentation on the LLD XG work and final report ...
 
Cheers
 
Gordon



On 18 August 2011 at 00:51 Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de> wrote:

> Agenda - Aug 18 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
>
> Time - http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
>      0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala
>Lumpur
>      2400 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)
>
> Dial-in (LLD XG members only) -
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
>      Note: as of July 2011, only +1-617-761-6200, code 55394# ("LLDXG") is
>working
>
> W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/                  - home page
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/             - wiki
>      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/     - group list
>      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/        - community list
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons     - telecons
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda - "running
>agenda"
>
> Chair: Tom
> Scribe: ?
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html - how to
> Regrets:
>
> ======================================================================
> ADMIN
> -- Minutes of previous telecons
>    PROPOSED: To accept
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/11-lld-minutes.html
>
> -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>    2011-08-25 final telecon (Antoine)
>
> ======================================================================
> PUBLIC COMMENTS
>
> -- Comments received on public-lld mailing list and UKOLN blog
> (http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/w3clld/)
>
> -- Wiki pages tracking reviews
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviews - includes
>UKOLN blog, updated from above
>
> ACTION: Emma to keep track of comments through AUG. 11 [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action03]
> --DONE
>
> ACTION: Jodi to make an alternative transclusion [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action04]
> --DONE -- see
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
>
> ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for substantial comments to their
> section [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html#action06]
> --DONE ??
>   
> ======================================================================
> DELIVERABLES
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Deliverable A
>     "Library Linked Data Incubator Group Final Report:
>      W3C Incubator Group Report xx September 2011"
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
>      -- includes sections listed below
>
>      Acknowledgements - to be written
>      --  Editors: Karen, Tom, Michael, Gordon, Peter, Jodi, Ed, Emmanuelle,
>          Ross, Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William
>      --  Contributors: LLD XG members (to discuss)
>
>      [Main part of the report]
>      -- "Executive Summary" (Karen, Tom, Michael, Gordon)
>          http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary
>      -- "About this report" - to be written (Tom)
>      -- "Scope of this Report" (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
>          http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Scope
>      -- "Benefits of the Linked Data approach" (Ed, Emmanuelle, Ross)
>          http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits
>      -- "The Current Situation" (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
>          http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page_take2
>      -- "Recommendations" (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page_take2
>
>      "Technical Annex" (or "Technical Appendix")
>      -- "A. Available Vocabularies and Datasets" (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia,
>William)
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2
>      -- "B. Relevant Technologies" (Jeff)
>          http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Deliverable B
>    "W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group: Use Cases"
>     Editor: Daniel Vila Suero
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Deliverable C
>    "W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group: Datasets, Value Vocabularies,
>     and Metadata Element Set"
>     Editors: Antoine Isaac, William Waites, Jeff Young, Marcia Zeng
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ACTIONS RELATED TO DELIVERABLES ABOVE
>
> ACTION: Editors of Vocabularies and Data sets to add two clouds: Metadata
> Element Sets
> and Datasets/Value Vocabularies [recorded by Tom in preparing agenda...:-)]
>
> ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the executive summary
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action05]
>
> ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence adding cultural and memory
> institutions together in some way [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action03]
>
> ACTION: Editors of Benefits to meet and work on the comments. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action07]
>
> ACTION: Karen will track items from former "issues" and "recommendations" that
> belong to benefits [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action08]
>
> ACTION: everybody to scrutinize the relevant technologies to solve the issue
> of mixing different levels [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action09]
>
> ACTION: Jeff to integrate more refined view of non-resolvable URIs and
> linking. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action08]
>
> ACTION: Karen will convene issues and recommendations group to identify things
> that need to be discussed with larger group for July 21 meeting [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action04]
>
> ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources and Library
> Standards and Linked data [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12]
> -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data
> -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
> -> 1st part:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0006.html
>
> ACTION: Karen will convene issues and recommendations group to identify things
> that need to be discussed with larger group for July 21 meeting [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action04]
>
> ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action07]
>
> ======================================================================
> FINALIZATION AND ROLL-OUT (Tom)
>
> -- Remaining writing tasks (by 25 August):
>    "Executive Summary" (Karen, Michael, Tom, Gordon)
>    "About this report" (Tom)
>    "Acknowledgements"
>     -- All LLD XG members? All active members?
>     -- Special credit to authors of sections (above)?
>
> -- Declare the comment period closed.  Someone can be
>    tasked with acknowledging new comments, but with the
>    caveat that the group is making final edits and may not
>    be able to take the comments into account.
>
> -- Volunteers for a final quality check of the above (by 25 August).
>
> -- Identify editors for the HTML versions of each section:
>    -- One or two volunteers to move contents into HTML and run pub checker
>(after 25 August).
>    -- Determine exact location of documents.
>    -- Determine group entrusted with final copy-editing.
>
> -- Response to the list on how LLD XG handled comments?
>
> -- Press release (by default, LLD XG chairs with W3C)
>
> ======================================================================
> STANFORD WORKSHOP AND REPORT
>
> Connection between our deliverables and theirs?
> Jerry Persons' presentation:
> http://www.slideshare.net/TalisConsulting/linked-data-workshop-stanford-university
> Ed's post:
> http://inkdroid.org/journal/2011/07/14/stanford-linked-data-meeting-notes-an-incidental-manifesto/
> 
> ======================================================================
> TRANSITION TO W3C COMMUNITY GROUP
> -- http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/04/coming_soon_w3c_community_grou.html
>    See also http://www.w3.org/2010/12/community/final
>
> 2011-05-12 Should inform W3C of intent to transition by 1 August for
> transition on 1 September (and cancel Zakim slot).
> 2011-08-04 We will not propose to transition right now.
> --> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Aug/0010.html
>
> ======================================================================
> AOB
>
>
Received on Thursday, 18 August 2011 00:04:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 18 August 2011 00:04:44 GMT