Re: Changes to "Benefits" section

From: Kai Eckert <kai@informatik.uni-mannheim.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:12:17 +0200
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Hi all,

> I agree with Karen: we could use some more precise wording here. Adrian
> not having answered my request for a link, so I went and dig up the OKFN
> definitions myself. There is ready-made stuff to re-use at
> http://www.opendefinition.org/, especially:
> - http://www.opendefinition.org/bibliographic/
> - http://www.opendefinition.org/licenses/#Data
>
> In fact I was thinking we could include "Open data" as a separate point
> (next to Library data, Linked Data and Library Linked Data), re-using
> *and pointing* to the OKFN page(s).

I think that is a very good idea and I also consider it absolutely
necessary to state something about linked and open data. I volunteer to
add such a section to the benefits section tomorrow, if noone opposes.

I will reread the report, too, and see, if other sections need some
rewording or clarification.

Cheers,

Kai

--