W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > April 2011

Re: Agenda - Apr 7 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:01:51 +0200
Message-ID: <BANLkTin8ffwaQvW66+G+T+Cii-CDBf0XHQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Emmanuelle Bermes <manue@figoblog.org>
Cc: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Late regrets, travel aftermath.

Felix

2011/4/6 Emmanuelle Bermes <manue@figoblog.org>

> =============================
>
> Agenda - Apr 7 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
>
> Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda
>
> Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
>    http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
>    0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala
> Lumpur
>    2400 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)
>
> W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list
>
> LLD XG telecons:
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>     Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
>         persons invited by chairs.
>
> Chair: Emma
> Scribe: ?
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames
>
> Regrets:
>
> ======================================================================
> ADMIN
> -- Minutes of previous telecon
>  PROPOSED: To accept
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html
>
> -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>    Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled chairs,
> regrets received, and proposed topics
>        2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & vocabularies
> (owner). Regrets Monica.
>        2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner)
>        2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner)
>        2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on remaining actions
>        2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, reviewers
> assigned for all sections
>        2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final report, and
> discussion on potential nexts steps
>        2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - next steps if
> any
>
> -- Telecon for participants in Asia-Pacific -- Postponed
>
>
> ======================================================================
> USE CASE CLUSTERS
>
> -- Bibliographic data: curators Gordon, Martin
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_BibData
>
> -- Authority data: curators Jeff, Alex, Joachim
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Authority_data
>
> -- Vocabulary alignment: curators Antoine, Michael, Marcia
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_VocAlign
>
> -- Archives and heterogeneous data: curators Karen, Emmanuelle
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Archives
>
> -- Citations: curators Ed, Kai, Peter
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Citations
>
> -- Digital objects (Mark, Jodi, Asaf)
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Digital_Objects
>
> -- Collections (Gordon, Karen)
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Collections
>
> -- Social uses (Uldis, Jodi)
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Social_Uses
>   2011-01-27: deadline is Feb 15th to receive suggested use cases
>
> ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03
> ]
>
> ======================================================================
> FINAL REPORT DRAFT
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments
>
>  3. Use cases and requirements (Daniel, others helping?) (represented
> via clusters, plus an annotated list of use cases, plus requirement
> list?)
>    -- separate deliverable
>    -- clusters need to be reviewed by neutral editors.
>    cf. #1 in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
>
> Where do the following fit?
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
>
> ACTION: For Gordon and Karen to consider relation between problems and
> limitation section and the library resource wiki page. [recorded in
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minutes.html#action01
> ]
>
> Six items:
>
>  1. Executive Summary
> -- report section
> -- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level view of
> issues (but not only issues), should also be made available as
> separate unit for print and distribute.
> -- must be written late
>
>  2. Benefits of LD for libraries (Ed, Emmanuelle, Ross)
> -- report section
> -- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as illustrations of
> the benefits
>
> -> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Mar/0190.html
> -- Draft Benefits page:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits
>
> [NEW] ACTION: Cluster owners to check the bullet-point list reflects
> their understanding and covers relevant points [recorded in
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action04
> ]
>
> [NEW] ACTION: edsu, emma, rsinger to create narrative text and add to
> bullet-points [recorded in
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action05
> ]
>
>  4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets) (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia,
> William)
> cf. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0006.html
>    1. Section in final report characterizing representative
> vocabularies and datasets from the LOD cloud.
>       Identify gaps.  Emphasize that this is a snapshot.
>    2. Separate "LLD vocabularies and datasets" deliverable
>
>  5.  Relevant technologies (as described in #6 in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html)
>     Tools available - we can provide pointers to the ones available,
> maybe short descriptions
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Tools
>
>  ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT
> architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short
> sketch for final report) [recorded in
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04
> ]
>
> -> re-frame it into producing a section on "relevant technology" for
> the report and/or a side deliverable?
>
> Web Services on LLD page:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Web_services_on_LLD
>
>  6. Problems and limitations (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
>    -- report section
>    cf. #4-5 in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
>
>  7. Requirements and recommendations (Vocabularies, Identifiers, Data
> modeling, Architecture, Links, General education and outreach,
> Curricula)
>    -- requirements: what needs to be achieved, in general,  to be
> extracted from the issues
>    -- recommendations: what we (as a group) suggest as next steps
> (example recommendation would be the creation of a working group)
>    -- Guenther's possible contribution on curricula:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0068.html
>
> ACTION: Karen to request feedback from community on recommendations
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minutes.html#action04
> ]
>    -> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Mar/0171.html
>
>
> ======================================================================
> AOB
>
>
Received on Thursday, 7 April 2011 14:02:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 7 April 2011 14:02:19 GMT