W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > September 2010

Re: Agenda - Sep 16 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

From: ZENG, MARCIA <mzeng@kent.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:35:28 -0400
To: Emmanuelle Bermes <emmanuelle.bermes@bnf.fr>
CC: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C5FBCE1D-E1C1-4CF5-9C5D-82626949E78A@kent.edu>
I will be on the road this morning. Will try to call and check in, but could lose connection from time to time. :-)

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 16, 2010, at 6:07, "Jodi Schneider" <jodi.schneider@deri.org<mailto:jodi.schneider@deri.org>> wrote:

Similarly, I have conflicting meetings, and it's unlikely that I'll make it today. :( -Jodi

On 16 Sep 2010, at 09:12, Bernard Vatant wrote:

Regrets for today telecon. Conflicting meetings.

Bernard

2010/9/15 Emmanuelle Bermes <<mailto:manue.fig@gmail.com>manue.fig@gmail.com<mailto:manue.fig@gmail.com>>
W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
   <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
   <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list

   LLD XG telecons:
       <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons

       <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info

       Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
       persons invited by chairs.

Chair:  Emmanuelle
Scribe: ?
   <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty

   <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (scribing instructions)

Regrets: Ray, Annette

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Admin

-- Telecons - <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons


  PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/09-lld-minutes.html> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/09-lld-minutes.html


  Upcoming next telecons, with scheduled chairs and regrets received:
      2010-09-23 Tom        - regrets Ray, Anette
      2010-09-30 Antoine    - regrets Ray, Anette
      2010-10-07 Emmanuelle - Anette
      2010-10-14 Tom        -
      2010-10-21 NO TELECON
      2010-10-28 Antoine    -

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Face-to-face meetings

  Pittsburgh - October 2010

  -- Friday, 22 October - "optional" LLD XG F2F for members attending DC-2010
     Joint meeting of LLD XG with DCMI Architecture Forum
     "Application Profiles for Linked Data: Models & Requirements"
     <http://www.asis.org/Conferences/DC2010/program-sessions.html#jointmeeting> http://www.asis.org/Conferences/DC2010/program-sessions.html#jointmeeting


     Draft agenda (with expected attendees) at:
     <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010


     Jeff will bring a data projector.  Can anyone bring a microphone and
     speaker for the benefit of people participating remotely via Zakim?

  -- Saturday and Sunday, 23-24 October - Face-to-face meeting of LLD XG

     Draft agenda (with expected attendees) at:
     <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh


ACTION: Potential attendees in Pittsburgh to use wiki page to indicate
whether they are attending or not at
<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F  [recorded in
<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-lld-minutes.html#action01>http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-lld-minutes.html#action01]

  Cologne - <http://swib.org/swib10/> http://swib.org/swib10/

  -- Informal meeting of XG members at SWBIB 2010 on
     the morning of 1 December - contact Joachim Neubert <<mailto:J.Neubert@zbw.eu>J.Neubert@zbw.eu<mailto:J.Neubert@zbw.eu>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Use cases and case studies - update
 <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases

--  Use Case Template
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Template> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Template

  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Talk:Use_Case_Template> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Talk:Use_Case_Template


  Resolutions on Use Case template, 2010-09-02:
  -- Move target audience before scenario
  -- Add computer as possible audience
  -- Accept wording on discussion page
  -- Make problems and limitations optional section
  -- Drop LLD Dimension/topics section for call for use
     cases; keep for curation
  -- Do not change goal section today

--  Email calling for use cases
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Call_Mail> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Call_Mail

  Sent: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Sep/0050.html> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Sep/0050.html


  Distributed to:
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists


Questionnaires are due back to Antoine, Alexander, Emmanuelle, Jodi, or
<mailto:public-lld@w3.org>public-lld@w3.org<mailto:public-lld@w3.org>, preferably before October 15th.

  First gathering of received use cases
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases_Gathering> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases_Gathering


--  Individual use cases (curators: Jodi, Emmanuelle, Alexander)
  Twelve as of 2010-09-14:
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cases> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cases


  Discussion of two related use cases (Joachim and Ed)
  [1] <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Publishing_20th_Century_Press_Archives> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Publishing_20th_Century_Press_Archives

  [2] <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_NDNP> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_NDNP


--  Other relevant wiki pages
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCCuration> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCCuration - guidelines for editors
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCRationale> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCRationale - background
and rationale for use cases
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes - links to
potential use cases
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dimensions> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dimensions - things
discussed in use cases

----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Topics for LLD discussion and Use Cases (Karen)
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics


ACTION: Everyone to elaborate on topics in the wiki [recorded in
<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08]

Discussion planned at the F2F meeting

----------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas

--  Graphics, presentations, and other re-usable content
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations


--  Events where members attend or present the group
  <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events


--  Library terminology informally explained (Karen)
  <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained


--  Library data resources and terminology (Karen)
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources


--  How library standards are related (Emmanuelle)
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/File:LayeredModelV3.pdf> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/File:LayeredModelV3.pdf


----------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Upcoming topics - FYI...

--  Technology and best practices (placeholder for future LLD XG work)
  Waiting until progress has been made on Use Cases and Topics

--  Community building and outreach (dormant)
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups

  Last discussed at:
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#item03> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#item03


----------------------------------------------------------------------
7. AOB




--
Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant
Vocabulary & Data Engineering
Tel:       +33 (0) 971 488 459
Mail:     <mailto:bernard.vatant@mondeca.com> bernard.vatant@mondeca.com<mailto:bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
----------------------------------------------------
Mondeca
3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France
Web:    <http://www.mondeca.com/> http://www.mondeca.com

Blog:    <http://mondeca.wordpress.com/> http://mondeca.wordpress.com

----------------------------------------------------

Received on Thursday, 16 September 2010 13:37:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 16 September 2010 13:37:51 GMT