W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > September 2010

Agenda - Sep 9 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 09:52:51 -0400
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20100908135251.GA3712@octavius>
W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list

     LLD XG telecons:
         http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
         http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
         Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
         persons invited by chairs.

Chair:  Tom
Scribe: Bernard
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (scribing instructions)

Regrets: Jodi, Anette, Antoine, Ed

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Admin

-- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons

    PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Sep/0029.html
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/02-lld-minutes.html

    Upcoming next telecons, with scheduled chairs and regrets received:
        2010-09-09 Tom        - regrets Jodi, Anette
        2010-09-16 Emmanuelle - Anette
        2010-09-23 Tom        - regrets Ray, Anette
        2010-09-30 Antoine    - regrets Ray, Anette
        2010-10-07 Emmanuelle - Anette
        2010-10-14 Tom        -
        2010-10-21 NO TELECON
        2010-10-28 Antoine    -

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Face-to-face meetings

    Pittsburgh - October 2010

    -- Friday, 22 October - "optional" LLD XG F2F for members attending DC-2010
       Joint meeting of LLD XG with DCMI Architecture Forum
       "Application Profiles for Linked Data: Models & Requirements"
       http://www.asis.org/Conferences/DC2010/program-sessions.html#jointmeeting

       Draft agenda (with expected attendees) at:
       http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010

       Jeff will bring a data projector.  Can anyone bring a microphone and
       speaker for the benefit of people participating remotely via Zakim?

    -- Saturday and Sunday, 23-24 October - Face-to-face meeting of LLD XG

       Draft agenda (with expected attendees) at:
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh

ACTION: Potential attendees in Pittsburgh to use wiki page to indicate whether they are attending or not at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-lld-minutes.html#action01]

    Cologne - http://swib.org/swib10/
    -- Informal meeting of XG members at SWBIB 2010 on 
       the morning of 1 December - contact Joachim Neubert <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Use cases and case studies - update
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases
--  Use Case Template
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Template
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Talk:Use_Case_Template

    Resolutions on Use Case template, 2010-09-02:
    -- Move target audience before scenario
    -- Add computer as possible audience
    -- Accept wording on discussion page
    -- Make problems and limitations optional section
    -- Drop LLD Dimension/topics section for call for use
       cases; keep for curation
    -- Do not change goal section today

--  Email calling for use cases (to be posted)
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Call_Mail

    Call to be distributed to:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists

ACTION: By Monday Sept. 6 members should add to list of email lists at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/02-lld-minutes.html#action05]
-- DONE

ACTION: Group to comment on email text at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Call_Mail by Monday, Sept. 6 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/02-lld-minutes.html#action06]
-- DONE - see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Sep/0050.html

--  Topics for LLD discussion and Use Cases (Karen)
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

ACTION: Everyone to elaborate on topics in the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08]
        
--  Individual use cases (curators: Jodi, Emmanuelle, Alexander)
    Twelve as of 2010-09-07:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cases

--  Other relevant wiki pages
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCCuration - guidelines for editors
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCRationale - background and rationale for use cases
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes - links to potential use cases
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dimensions - things discussed in use cases

Questionnaires are due back to Antoine, Alexander, Emmanuelle, Jodi, or
public-lld@w3.org, preferably before October 15th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. RDA

--  To be discussed:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data

    Specifically, how do the issues related to LLD discussion topics?
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

ACTION: Gordon will prepare something on RDA, FRBR etc. for discussion in Sept. agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/29-lld-minutes.html#action06]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas

--  Graphics, presentations, and other re-usable content
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations

--  Events where members attend or present the group
    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events

--  Library terminology informally explained (Karen)
    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained

--  Library data resources and terminology (Karen)
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources

--  How library standards are related (Emmanuelle)
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/File:LayeredModelV3.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Upcoming topics - FYI...

--  For Thursday, 16 September: Discussion of two related use cases (Joachim and Ed)
    [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Publishing_20th_Century_Press_Archives
    [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_NDNP

--  Technology and best practices (placeholder for future LLD XG work)
    Waiting until progress has been made on Use Cases and Topics

--  Community building and outreach (dormant)
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
    Last discussed at:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#item03

----------------------------------------------------------------------
7. AOB


-- 
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Received on Wednesday, 8 September 2010 13:53:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 8 September 2010 13:53:30 GMT