Re: ANN: British National Bibliography

From: William Waites <ww@eris.okfn.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:50:26 +0100
To: Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk>
Cc: "Deliot, Corine" <Corine.Deliot@bl.uk>, open-bibliography@lists.okfn.org, public-xg-lld@w3.org, public-lod@w3.org
* [2010-11-22 16:25:35 +0000] Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk> écrit:
]
] But is it reliable?  I looked up the book I wrote (Presenting XML, SAMS
] Net, 1997) and find that it claims it was written by Laura Alschuler.
] How did that happen?

That's what's in the source data, the 111443rd entry in BNBrdfdc12.xml

I have no idea the error rate for problems of this type in the data -
finding that out is a research project in itself. A next step is to
feed it through the link discovery tools at DERI and Berlin (are they
both the same (Silk) or is DERI's something different?) and then see
what kinds of inconsistencies we can find.

A bit easier, what we really need now is a good way to make these
corrections and feed them back into the BL. For the RDF clued like
yourself, I could take a patch in the form of a corrected graph and
put it in the store.

Cheers,
-w
--