Re: CKAN for LLD

Thanks, William!

On 22 Nov 2010, at 15:59, William Waites wrote:
> So the proposal is to create a LLD group -- in fact I've already done
> so, those interested in administering it, please mail me privately
> with your openid credentials and I will add you. Proposed policy of
> the group:
>
> * All packages in the LLD group will also be members of the
>   bibliographic group

Can this be done programmatically, rather than by hand?

> * Some packages in the LLD group will also be members of the LOD and
>   LOD Cloud groups (it may be that not all packages in LLD are open)

One question was the difference between the LOD and LOD cloud groups. It looks like it's size+dereferenceability. Is that right?

From http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation#Which_datasets_are_included_into_the_LOD_cloud_diagram.3F
All datasets are included that fullfil the following requirements:
Data items are accessible via dereferencable URIs
The dataset sets at least 50 RDF links pointing at other datasets or at least one other dataset is setting 50 RDF links pointing at your dataset.

> * Packages should use the LOD Cloud guidelines [5] where applicable
>
> * Conventions for keys/predicates used specifically in the LLD group
>   should be documented at [6]

I've added links to both of these front page of our wiki for my own convenience. :)

-Jodi