Re: [open-bibliography] MARC and other standard formats -> RDF

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:24:02 +0200
To: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
CC: William Waites <ww-keyword-okfn.193365@styx.org>, William Waites <william.waites@okfn.org>, Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>, List for Working Group on Open Bibliographic Data <open-bibliography@lists.okfn.org>, "rufus.pollock@okfn.org" <rufus.pollock@okfn.org>, Ben O'Steen <bosteen@gmail.com>, public-xg-lld@w3.org
[...]
>> Is it within the scope of the working group to
>> enumerate these source data formats and provide
>> recommended mappings to RDF?
>

> More like: recommend that this task be undertaken. The LLD W3C group is
> only live for one year, but it is expected to "incubate" a number of
> follow-on tasks.

Oops I was too fast in my other mail, this is typical "XG-life" ;-)

Karen is right indeed. While we can expect to do some inventory effort of existing vocabularies/practices, we won't have time (as a group) to make entirely new contributions.