W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > June 2010

Re: [LLD-XG] Agenda - Jun 17 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:24:49 +0200
Message-ID: <AANLkTikYVIPxqbKT_H075X8QVX1LW21C9vzxtoPPPto1@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Regrets, I have a conflict with another call.

Best,

Felix

2010/6/16 <emmanuelle.bermes@bnf.fr>

>
> Agenda - Jun 17 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC
>
>    Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and persons
> invited by chairs.
>    Time:    0700 Seattle / 1000 New York / 1500 London / 1600 Paris /
> 2200 Kuala Lumpur / 2300 Tokyo / 2400 Sydney
>
> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
>    Dial-in: Boston: +1-617-761-6200, Nice: +33-4-8906-3499, Bristol:
> +44-117-370-6152 - code 55394# ("LLDXG")
>    IRC:     irc://irc.w3.org:6665/lld (member-only<http://irc.w3.org:6665/lld%28member-only>
> ),
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc (Web client)<http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc>
>    LLD XG telecons - schedule, technical instructions:
>    -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>
>    LLD XG home page
>    -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/
>    LLD XG workspace (world-readable)
>    -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  -<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/>
> public-xg-lld@w3.org mailing list
>    -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Main_Page - wiki<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Main_Page>
>    LLD community
>    -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     -<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/>
> public-lld@w3.org mailing list
>    -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD                  - wiki<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD>
>
> Chair:  Emmanuelle
> Scribe: Ed
> -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty (see<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Scribing.html)<http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Scribing.html>
> Regrets: Alexander, Nicolas, Oreste, Kim
>
> =====================================
>
> 1. Administrative
>
> -- Acceptance of previous telecon minutes
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html
>
> -- Report on
>
> ACTION: Antoine to clean up mailing list on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/
> [recorded in <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/>
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action01
> ]
> -- DONE at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/
>
> -- Issues with wiki login : fixed ?
>
> -- Reminder on actions for all :
>
> ACTION: All group members should please post an introduction to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action01]<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld>
>
> ACTION: ALL: group members please indicate your availability for
> the proposed F2F meeting in a Doodle poll:
> http://www.doodle.com/gaipzmfc7xp9f4zq [recorded in<http://www.doodle.com/gaipzmfc7xp9f4zq>
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action08
> ]
>
> -- Summer teleconferences schedule
>    2010-07-01 - no
>    2010-07-08 - yes (regrets Tom)
>    2010-07-15 - no
>    2010-07-22 - yes
>    2010-07-29 - yes (regrets Tom)
>    2010-08-05 - no
>    2010-08-12 - yes (regrets Emmanuelle)
>    2010-08-19 - yes
>    2010-08-26 - yes
>
> ACTION: ALL: Flag July/August availability at http://www.doodle.com/hvwb4fe4x2kdq3cy
>  [recorded in
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action03]<http://www.doodle.com/hvwb4fe4x2kdq3cy>
>
> --  Next week telecon : Jun 24 (Note: Library Linked Data meeting in
> Washington)
>
> =====================================
>
> 2. Task group progress
>
> -- Short report on use cases template (Kai, Antoine)
>
> ACTION: Antoine and kai to prepare a template for use cases. Kai to
> contibute a template from the provenance group [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action03
> ]
> -- DONE
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Use_Case_template
>
> See mail report from KAI :
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0032.html
>
> The main point that we have to decide is, if we want to organize the use
> cases with the help of some predefined dimensions. If yes, we have to
> define them.
>
> Suggested timeline:
> * Until June 30th: Public comments on the mailing list
> * July 1st: Summary of the comments and preliminary decisions.
> * Until July 7th: Finalizing of the template
> * July 8th: Final decision.
> Afterwards, we can immediately start with the gathering and development
> of use cases, according to our proposed timeline.
>
> -- short report on "Demo" task group (Karen, Tom)
>
> ACTION: TomB and KCoyle will create a page for presentations and will
> upload some slides [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action04
> ]
>
> -- short report on turning topics into task groups
>
> ACTION: ALL: Edit the topics for our work
> at the wiki: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action02
> ]
>
> =====================================
>
> 4. Community building and outreach
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
>
> See charter
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/charter#coordination
>
> Beyond collecting pointers to Library Linked Data-related activities,
> the purpose of this liaison effort is to help gathering use cases and
> specific technology bits to populate our deliverables. It should also
> support community building and outreach from this incubator group to
> other initiatives.
>
> We need to determine the objectives of this liaison effort.
> What can we expect from related groups ?
> - help outreach to the broader library community (and beyond)
> - develop relevant technology pieces that are outside the scope of W3C
> (e.g. domain ontologies)
> - integrate linked data perspective in their developments
> What can these group expect from us ?
> - demonstrate how their technology is relevant to library linked data
> (use cases)
> - help / guidance with porting their standards/technology to the
> linked data environment
> - help with cross-domain initiatives / building shared standards
>
> From the charter success criteria :
> "The Library Linked Data Incubator Group will be considered successful
> if it can elaborate a state of the art report on the adoption of
> Linked data principles and perspective in the library domain and
> related sectors, leading to a clear and agreed view regarding what
> further standards and guidelines should be developed, and what
> organization should be set up in order to develop them."
>
> =====================================
>
> 5. Upcoming topics
>
> -- Assessment of technology pieces and vocabularies
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Technology
>
>   As described in the XG charter:
>
>   A document that describes relevant technology pieces, including
>   vocabularies and ontologies (e.g., SKOS), with the intended goal
>   to identify extension or interoperability requirements, and help
>   determine what other standards may be needed.
>
> -- incubate best practices
> See discussion thread starting at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0033.html
>
> -- Branding issues (twitter tag...)
>
>
> *Avant d'imprimer, pensez  l'environnement.*
Received on Thursday, 17 June 2010 06:25:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 17 June 2010 06:25:24 GMT