Re: Cataloguing terminology

Antoine

Some kind of de-referencing, as you suggest, is being planned. IFLA has only
just begun to develop an infrastructure to support this, via the newly-approved
IFLA Namespaces Working Group. But the intention for MulDiCat is to offer a
service to de-reference individual URIs, so they can be used in linked-data.

Because MulDiCat is based on a language-specific vocabulary (that is, English),
it is likely that non-opaque URIs will be used; e.g.
http://iflastandards.info/ns/muldicat#Agent

The intention of MulDiCat is to provide a tool for translators of IFLA
documents, which often originate in English. The ISBD and FRBR Review Groups are
discussing its potential application to the RDF versions of ISBD and
FRBR/FRAD/FRSAD, etc.

Cheers

Gordon