Re: linkable library data

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:51:16 -0400
To: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Cc: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, public-xg-lld@w3.org
On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
> Michael, thanks for the suggestion. It looks, however, like not all of the
> offerings will be data sets. In some cases, the linkable output is generated
> on a single-resource basis through an API. What I *can* do is make a
> reference to voiD in the documentation, encouraging people to create a voiD
> entry if they do have a dataset in an appropriate format.

Great idea Karen! I'm not a VoID expert, but I think that scenario
might be describable with void:uriRegexPattern. I think it's a great
idea to collect minimal information on the wiki about the availability
of library linked data; and then once we've got a good list, digging
in and creating some VoID for them. I agree with Antoine, that we
shouldn't allow this work to eclipse the Use Case work -- but keeping
it really lightweight will help I think. It may even give us potential
people to approach about writing a more formal use case.

//Ed