W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > August 2010

Agenda - August 19 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:46:58 -0400
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20100817154658.GA4776@octavius>
Agenda - August 19 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list

    LLD XG telecons: 
        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
        Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and persons
        invited by chairs.

Chair:  Tom
Scribe: Kai, Joachim, or Jeff?
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (scribing instructions)

Regrets: (see http://www.doodle.com/hvwb4fe4x2kdq3cy) Tod, Andras,
    Alexander, Kim, Ray, Oreste, Guenther.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Admin

-- Telecons

   PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
   
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/29-lld-minutes.html
   
   Proposed next telecon: 26 August - see http://www.doodle.com/hvwb4fe4x2kdq3cy
   Weekly calls will resume in September.

-- F2F meetings

   Pittsburgh 
   -- Friday, 22 October - confirmed
      Joint meeting of LLD XG with DCMI Architecture Forum
      "Application Profiles for Linked Data: Models & Requirements"
      http://www.asis.org/Conferences/DC2010/program-sessions.html#jointmeeting

   -- Saturday and Sunday, 23 and 24 October - confirmed
      Face-to-face meeting of LLD XG
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F
      http://www.doodle.com/gaipzmfc7xp9f4zq - indicate availability

   Cologne
   -- Possible informal meeting of XG members at SWBIB 2010, 29 or 30 November
      http://www.doodle.com/tdxwapytnxrsm4tm=20 - indicate availability

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Use cases and case studies - update
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases
   --  Use Case Template
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Template
   --  Guidelines for Use Case editors
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCCuration
   --  Background, documenting the rationale for Use Cases (case studies)
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UCRationale 
   --  Place to collect links to potential use cases, characterizing their dominant theme
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes
   --  Categories of things discussed in Use Cases
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dimensions  
   --  Cases collected to date (six as of 2010-08-16)
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cases
   --  Next steps
       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Timeline_.28see_also_Provenance_XG_timeline.29

       Jul-Aug: Development/Gathering of use case scenarios
       Aug-Sep: Articulate requirements that arise from use cases

ACTION: Everyone to create use cases on the "use case note" page http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes  . Not more than 2 persons per case. Deadline august 25. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/29-lld-minutes.html#action04]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3. LLD Topic list
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics (Karen is editor)

ACTION: Everyone to elaborate on topics in the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Other

-- Reports attendees at IFLA General Conference, 10-15 August, Gothenburg, Sweden
   http://www.ifla.org/ifla76

-- Comments on the NISO Institutional Identifier (I2) Working Group (WG) Midterm Report 
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/NISO-I2

ACTION: Marcia to send (informal) group's comment on I2 before the deadline for comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/29-lld-minutes.html#action05]

-- Demos
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations

-- Events where members attend or present the group
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events

-- Technology and best practices
   Waiting until progress has been made on Use Cases and Topics

-- Community building and outreach
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
   Dormant, see 2010-06-17 agenda and discussion at
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#item03

-- New wiki pages on Library data resources and terminology (Karen)
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained

-- AOB

----------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Upcoming topics

-- RDA - to be discussed in September

ACTION: Gordon will prepare something on RDA, FRBR etc. for discussion in Sept. agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/29-lld-minutes.html#action06]

-- 
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Received on Tuesday, 17 August 2010 15:47:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 17 August 2010 15:47:40 GMT