Re: is FRBR relevant?

Hi, Jeff (& all),

Ok, now I *start* to understand what you're getting at.

Do you imagine an agent using that subject? Among humans, only catalogers, researchers, and reference librarians are likely to seach for this subject heading, I think.*
> "has as subject" "World War, 1939-1945"

I think what you're saying, though, is "since we've cataloged, wouldn't it be great to expose the data" -- and that FRBR's "has as subject" gives a way to do this.

I still haven't figured out why you're asking "is FRBR relevant?" (i.e. in the subject line).

Maybe your concern is that authority control should give us identifiers not just uniform headings? I guess Karen's more recent post might be relevant to this thread:
http://kcoyle.blogspot.com/2009/08/frsad.html

I think you're probably getting at something important, but I'm still not quite sure what it is.

-Jodi

PS-Any quick intro to suggest for FRSAD? Not up to speed there. I've added the draft report to my queue:
http://nkos.slis.kent.edu/FRSAR/report090623.pdf