Re: Declarative vs. procedural

There are plenty of Javascript APIs that were added to HTML in the recent
years (under the banner of HTML5, for a sample please see
http://slides.html5rocks.com) and there is no shortage of developers
adopting these. These range from very simple (e.g. localStorage) to the
moderately complex (e.g. canvas).

On a related note, the only use case I see for purely declarative markup is
dictating into an editable field (which doesn't really need an API and can
be done with a browser voice IME). To do anything more than that and to
process results the developer needs to use our Javascript API. So I think it
should be a non-goal for our group to produce a purely declarative model for
speech recognition.

Cheers
Satish