Chrome beta

From: Robert Brown <Robert.Brown@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:57:53 +0000
To: "public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org" <public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org>, "'Satish Sampath' (satish@google.com)" <satish@google.com>
This is getting a lot of press today (engadget, techcrunch, etc)

It includes the line: "Fresh from the work that we've been doing with the HTML Speech Incubator Group, we've added support for the HTML5 speech input API"

Unfortunately, the implication here (probably unintended) is that this API a product of the XG, which it isn't.  And the press is interpreting it as the "HTML5 Speech API", which it isn't.

Satish, would you mind posting a clarification to the Chrome blog, stating something along the lines of "this is a prototype of Google's proposal to the HTML Speech Incubator Group"?