Re: Speech input API proposal (from Google)

From: Satish Sampath <satish@google.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 15:01:05 +0000
To: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Hi,

The Chrome team reviewed our speech input API proposal and based on
their feedback we have revised the first bullet in section 4
("Security and Privacy considerations") to the following:

------------------------
1. User agents must only start speech input sessions with explicit,
informed user consent. User consent can include, for example:
  o  User clicks on a visible speech input element which has an
obvious graphical representation showing that it will start speech
input.
  o  An upfront permission grant as part of the installation flow of
an installable web application or extension.
  o  Running in a trusted environment, e.g. such as a car information system.

Cheers
Satish