Re: UA <=> SS Protocol

I also agree that having just the API and not the protocol would be a
dramatic limitation. Fine for me to be pragmatic about where the work is
done -- if it is appropriate to formulate the protocol in the IETF
rather than the W3C, so be it.

What I think *is* important is that the same group of people (i.e., us)
think through the requirements to both specs, or else they won't fit
together properly. So I guess the appropriate way to proceed is for us
to continue collecting the two sets of requirements (on the API, and on
the protocol), and then to discuss / decide in which organisational
structure those of us who want to see a protocol being defined are going
to do that work.

Cheers,
Marc

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder@dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: