Re: Quote of the day

Elf, I'd like to chime in with another image expressing the same
idea for people with a problem-solving mindset.

If darkness is a problem and you want to get rid of it... turn on a light.
 You cannot shovel, scrub or in any other way get rid of the problem of
darkness except by introducing a new element, by turning on a light. [I
don't know who to credit with conceiving of this illuminating metaphor.]

Thanks Elf for reminding us of Bucky.  My favourite Bucky quote is his
metaphorical story about the Trim Tab http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trim_tab

David de Weerdt
Sceneverse <http://www.sceneverse.com>